cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection

jco
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm not able to use mobile data on my phone anymore.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A01 Core.

I signed up for Public Mobile at the beginning of the year and had no problems accessing the internet in January and February, but all of a sudden it's stopped working.

I still have lots of unused data add-ons in my account so I'm okay in that department.

I'm just not really sure what to do at this point.

17 REPLIES 17

That ~5 Mb of data is normal to see “used” right after renewal. It isn't really used nor does it count as part of your data use but it shows that way. So you probably haven't really used any data at all since renewal. I’d say time to message a moderator.

AE_Collector

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jco wrote:

Both data limit and airplane mode are off.

Data usage is on, and all software is up to date.

I'm completely clueless on what the issue might be. 🙂

@jco , I read that you said airplane mode is off.

Try turning it on for a few minutes, than go back to regular mode. This can fix finicky network issues sometimes.

jco

I submitted a ticket.

Thank you everyone for all the solutions proposed.

I've never encountered an issue like this before so I'm just as stumped.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jco : Two old standbys: 1. use the Lost/Stolen function to Suspend your account. Log out. Wait a minute or 3. Log back in. Back and Resume. Restart phone. Be aware that this will probably affect your rewards at your next renewal and will need to contact moderators then.

2. Manually pay in a dollar and restart phone.

@jco 

For your manually entered APN setting:

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

Moderator help may be required as described above.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jco  Given all you've done seems that me to open a trouble ticket? 

To obtain a ticket, click on https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@jco 

Unless someone else has another thought that you haven't tried, I would place a ticket now with public mobile moderators.  Your data should not randomly stop when you have available data to use if no other things have changed with respect to the device or the network coverage.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

jco

I'm seeing at the bottom that it says 5 MB of data was used this month. It must have been right at the beginning, because this problem started around a week ago.

jco_0-1615480533155.png

@jco 

Can you screenshot the My Data & Add-Ons section of your self serve account, like this below:

HALIMACS_0-1615480227331.png

Perhaps also advise which plan you are on.

jco

Both data limit and airplane mode are off.

Data usage is on, and all software is up to date.

I'm completely clueless on what the issue might be. 🙂

@jco

Was airplane mode switched on by accident?

Is your mobile data switch toggled on?

Is it possible your device and/or software may require an update? Check for updates and complete any available.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jco : Go back to the original. Do you possibly have a data limiter set? The phones own counter may be out of sync with your term.

jco

Unfortunately I don't have another phone to check the SIM card, but the SIM card manager seems to recognize it. Here's a screenshot:

Screenshot_20210311-105531.jpg

For the APN settings, I tried manually adding the Public Mobile network on top of the default, but that hasn't worked either.

Here's the default which I used to get data on before:

apn_1.png

And the manually added one:

apn_2.png

@jco wrote:

Yes, I still see all the add-on features listed in my account.

I've also tried resetting the network settings, resetting the phone to factory state, changing SIM card slots, but nothing's worked so far.

Calling and texting are still working okay.

@jco 

Try the SIM card in another working phone.  Helps determine whether hardware setup issue versus PM service problem.  

If working in another phone, double check your APN settings.  You can screenshot your APN setting on the forum.  

jco

Yes, I still see all the add-on features listed in my account.

I've also tried resetting the network settings, resetting the phone to factory state, changing SIM card slots, but nothing's worked so far.

Calling and texting are still working okay.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jco wrote:

Hi,

I'm not able to use mobile data on my phone anymore.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A01 Core.

I signed up for Public Mobile at the beginning of the year and had no problems accessing the internet in January and February, but all of a sudden it's stopped working.

I still have lots of unused data add-ons in my account so I'm okay in that department.

I'm just not really sure what to do at this point.

First things first...log into your account / My Data and Add-ons and make sure you still have data available for your use. If you don't see data mentioned...that means you've used it up until next renewal or you get the Cdn Data Add-on.

Keep us posted.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jco 

Are you able to do all other calling features?   Calling & texting both in and out?

Try rebooting phone, removing and replacing SIM card, resetting network connections.

If you're connected to LTE, try manually switching to 3G.   Does that provide data?

Need Help? Let's chat.