cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet / cellular data on iPhone with iOS 15.4 beta

Belltrix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you're getting this error after installing the iOS 15.4 beta, the only way to get your cellular data working again is to go back to iOS 15.3. A lot of users including me have confirmed that resetting network settings, changing the APN, playing with the new Cellular Data Options don't work. To go back to 15.3 and finally fix this:

1. Remove the beta profile on your iphone
  2. Restart your phone
  3. On your computer, download the 15.3 ipsw from here: https://ipsw.me/product/iPhone
  4. With your phone connected to your computer, shift+update on iTunes and select the ipsw file

That's it. No need to restore and lose your data. You're back to 15.3 with your personal data intact.

41 REPLIES 41

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Belltrix 

Great that it finally worked out for you.

I am curious why people that are not testers or developers update to IOS Beta or RC versions.

@Belltrix wrote:

I checked for other users' experiences online before deciding to try it myself, and I didn't see any major issue with this update. Probably not a lot of Public Mobile users last week. And I've always tried the betas before, and never ran into this kind of issue.

and @Belltrix   thanks for making this post. 

Wish you came and rescue those poor victims earlier.  From what I know at least one customer left because he didn't not have a proper backup before Beta  

Again, thanks for the note.. 

@Belltrix   is there any way someone to open a ticket with Apple and report the issue?  I hope the next beta or the stable versions do not inherit the bugs.  So far, look like this is a an issue that affect PM and no other carriers. 

Belltrix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes I was too excited to try the Face ID with mask on. I checked for other users' experiences online before deciding to try it myself, and I didn't see any major issue with this update. Probably not a lot of Public Mobile users last week. And I've always tried the betas before, and never ran into this kind of issue.

@esjliv wrote:

So you were a 'victim'?

Nice steps listed, maybe your post will be referenced for fixes on this. 👍

@Meow wrote:

@Belltrix wrote:

If you're getting this error after installing the iOS 15.4 beta,

Stupid question: WHY would Anybody install BETA OS on working, primary phone? Do you get paid to beta-test Apple stuff?

One reason I could think of is that they want new features as soon as available. However, most updates comes with a lot of bug fixes and includes more bugs so yes, it's not recommended to install on your primary phone. I wish Apple paid us to beta test 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : Marketing, social media, word of mouth etc. Apparently Apple is trying out a masked facial recognition technology. That would seem attractive enough to non-technical users to have a go. But non-technical users don't generally grasp the concept of beta in the software world.

So the risks are unknown. Seems one so far that is relevant to here is a data problem. I'm hoping the OP will have some other ideas but I'm not sure it's technically possible knowing Apple's under-hood policies.

@Meow wrote:

@Belltrix wrote:

Stupid question: WHY would Anybody install BETA OS on working, primary phone? Do you get paid to beta-test Apple stuff?

@Meow 

That is a Million dollars question.. you want to call a friend or ask the audience?    😎🤣

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Belltrix wrote:

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This must be something new as in the past Apple did not allow 'update' to lower iOS version. Good to hear that they do now allow it if that's the case. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

So you were a 'victim'?

Nice steps listed, maybe your post will be referenced for fixes on this. 👍

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks @Belltrix , this is super helpful given the number of recent posts from folks who upgraded to the 15.4 beta!

Need Help? Let's chat.