cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim but can't receive texts & calls

BrianTang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have just purchased and inserted a new sim card. But I cannot receive calls and texts for anyone. But I can call & text outgoing to others. It is a new sim card with a new number. Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

@BrianTang wrote:

Yes, I am able to go on my data. Thanks

You can open a ticket with SIMon by Click 

If you have issue with SIMon you can send private message to CS_Agent for help 

@hairbag1 wrote:

@BrianTang 

..."cannot rec calls and texts for anyone" OR just one person ?

If just one person...maybe you have that persons number blocked for some reason.

Maybe THAT number was previously spoofed and used for annoying calls so people did block it?

@BrianTang  ask these people to check if they did block it.

I occasionally receive annoying calls from 647-858-xxxx

BrianTang

Can't receive calls or texts from anyone. Tried receiving calling & texting from many people but still not working.

Thanks 

BrianTang

Yes, I am able to go on my data. Thanks

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@BrianTang Can you go online by your phone? Check your phone APN settings.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BrianTang 

..."cannot rec calls and texts for anyone" OR just one person ?

If just one person...maybe you have that persons number blocked for some reason.

If you can't rec from all others...something is amiss.

You may need to contact a CSA for their help.

Top of page click Get Help / Chat with Simon to start the process of CSA assistance.

Watch the little envelope icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they do respond.

added...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@BrianTang wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

No, the number is not from another provider. Brand new number directly from Public mobile.

When I call someone else, they see the correct phone number.

Reboots don't seem to solve it.

Thanks

Try connect to 3G on your phone settings.

BrianTang

Thanks for the reply.

No, the number is not from another provider. Brand new number directly from Public mobile.

When I call someone else, they see the correct phone number.

Reboots don't seem to solve it.

Thanks

@BrianTang wrote:

Thank you for the reply. Hasn't worked. Still same issue. Thanks for trying though

Check your phone number is the same one you choose on setting and login your PM account to check your phone number is the same one you choose. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you port your number from another provider?

What number other see when you call them? Number you expect them to see or something else?

Reboot your phone (turn off, wait, turn on).

BrianTang

Thank you for the reply. Hasn't worked. Still same issue. Thanks for trying though

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@BrianTang wrote:

Hello, I have just purchased and inserted a new sim card. But I cannot receive calls and texts for anyone. But I can call & text outgoing to others. It is a new sim card with a new number. Thanks

Try turn off the phone, remove sim card, wait a couple of minutes, inset sim card and turn on the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.