cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a 387 Error code trying to migrate back to public mobile from Telus

FLAMINGOGUY
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Had switched to Telus for their unlimited American plan for while we were down south this winter and want to switch back to public mobile now but getting the 387 error message when trying to do so. Both myself and my wife are on the same account with Telus Don't know if that could be a problem. I bought two public mobile SIM cards from the Telus store but keep getting the 387 error when trying to activate SIM cards on public mobile website.

Started a ticket last night but have seen nothing back from anybody at public mobile.

3 REPLIES 3

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I sent one anyway, just in case.

FLAMINGOGUY
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay I heard back from one of the customer service people and going to give this another attempt do you have a referral code for me so that I can get a discount and so can you?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@FLAMINGOGUY   was it error 837??

DO NOT try to re-attempt activation.  PM might have charged you already.  

Error 837 usually comes up when you request porting and used IMEI as the information for the old provider OR it has a problem with the credit card you provided 

First check if PM charge your credit card yet.  

Also, put the PM SIM in a phone and check if it connects to PM network and if it can make outgoing calls

If PM has not charge you and the sim card is not connecting, then the activation didn't completed. 

You can try to activate again and request porting, but try to enter the account number of the old provider instead of IMEI.   Also, confirm you put in correct information of your credit card

If PM has already charged you, then you need to open ticket with PM support and have them to sort out the activation and porting issue.  Since you likely unable to login to My Account yet and open ticket, please open ticket by direct messaging PM support instead

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.