cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plans - Check yours as well

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI All,

ok, for those who worry PM cannot let you downgrade plan, it is not true.  I have plans that have lower value than my current one

here are some new plans I got today

$20 voice only plan (unlimited calls)

$30 15GB 4G speed

$34 15GB Canada-US (it has less data from before)

$44 80GB Canada-US

$50 75GB 5G ($10 off for 90 days)

$29 20GB 4G speed (more data from the old one)  ($4 off for 90 days)

$39 80GB 5G

11 REPLIES 11

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Certainly not great changes for us consumers, but I see why they'd want to differentiate the roaming plans from the domestic plans. The previous unlimited throttled data vs US roaming wasn't a very big differentiator (it was the only differentiator) as far as value is concerned. The new plans still provide good value IMO, but obliviously not as good as yesterday's plans.

And yeah, the low end seems to have disappeared altogether for existing clients. I'm surprised they still have all these new customer restricted plans now that everyone is on Public Points. There's no incentive to be a loyal customer anymore, so we can port out and then port back as a new customer at any time. I don't know why they need to make it so difficult when we're all in the same points program now (i.e. all the legacy discounts are gone now).

HI All, 

yes, stepped away for couple hours and the good deals gone.  Hope everyone got what they wanted.  Next time, when you see good deals, jump on it fast, at least Schedule the change first

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hTideGnow 

The plans has been updated and those cheap plans have been remove, so back to the new public mobile norm, most of existing will not be able to downgrade.

please check the new plans and update your post.

EB0

I think there is an issue with the website or those plans,  $29 20GB, there is no option to sign in for 90 days, the only option available is $29 20GB 30 days, it should have another option for $75 70GB 90 days

turtleTurtle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ha ha ya same. They offer me the $20 and $19 plan... the $20 has less than the $19... Pay more and get less, ok?

Wayworn

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Wayworn 

i think it is still a decent money saver if the current $25 plan holder have access to it

plus they have the $25 (with a 90 days commitment) for 20GB, that is a very good upgrade for $25 plan holder

I would not be too upset to compare new activation plans with existing , all phone company uses this trick to get new clients, no big deal

Yup .I see that all of us are not offered the same plans......... it seems that they may intentionally trying to confuse us  for reasons only known to them.

I have option for two $34 5G plans one with 15GB data and USA calling and another $34 5G plan with a nice chunk of 50GB data.

HI @Wayworn 

i think it is still a decent money saver if the current $25 plan holder have access to it

plus they have the $25 (with a 90 days commitment) for 20GB, that is a very good upgrade for $25 plan holder

I would not be too upset to compare new activation plans with existing , all phone company uses this trick to get new clients, no big deal

Wayworn

They don't offer this $20 plan to new accounts and only to existing accounts. But they offer to new accounts a $19 4G plan with 1 GB data. But then what do I know---go figure.

EB0

@Wayworn 

The $15 plan was available only to new customers, PM added to existing customers with a higher price.

This $20 plan doesn’t make sense, I have two unlimited calls and texts plans $19 1GB $20 no data.

slusagm

thanks @hTideGnow 

I have the $20 too

i also have $19-1GB and $23 6GB

@Wayworn the glass is half filled or half emptied.  the $25 plan is not reduced by 24% after couple months.. LoL

Wayworn

Wow .... Just within a few months they increased the basic $15 plan by 33.3% up to $20. Don't mean to be controversial but to me it shows marketing instability . They don't offer this $20 plan to new accounts and only to existing accounts. But they offer to new accounts a $19 4G plan with 1 GB data. But then what do I know---go figure.

Need Help? Let's chat.