cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5G SIM ? upgraded 4G plan to 5G

Waj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Citizens of PM, 

recently, I upgraded my $34 4G plan to Black Friday $34 5G plan, that is due to start in a week. My concern is... do I need a new 5G sim card or the current will suffice?  

10 REPLIES 10

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, they will honour it. Since you're only one day in, you could also try messaging a CS agent directly (links posted all over) and ask if they could change you to the scheduled plan sooner and credit for the one you already bought. They'd be doing it as a favour and if you're okay with what you have now, may not be worth the effort of opening a ticket.

KevinL1368
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the response, ottawa. If I choose 'Next Renewal date' would it still work if the chosen plan is no longer offered at the time of renewal?

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You need to change ** at next renewal date ** (there should be 2 options, immediate change and next renewal). There is no refund if you do immediate change.

KevinL1368
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I have a question concerning similar situtation. I would also like to upgrade to the $34 5G plan but when I do so it prompts me to pay again (which I already paid when I partially set up the account a day before the $34 5G plan was available. Is there a way to change without the double charge?

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Waj Your current SIM card is fine! You just need to make sure that your device is compatible with the 5G frequencies/bands on the Public Mobile network. You can Google search Canada cellphone frequencies compatibility. I'm sure that some sites will be able to help you identify which bands you phone is compatible with here in Canada!

Waj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks. that was quick response

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Waj 

no , your current sim card will work with 5G

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Waj 

Citizen @Chalupa_Batman here.

You do not need to upgrade your SIM card. Your current one will do just fine.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Waj 

Just use the the same sim.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Waj 

No, you will not need a new SiM card.  

Need Help? Let's chat.