cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5G $34 20GB per month plan now available

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Or just a wonky web site? LOL

PM and Freedom are at war! Like we don't have enough of that already!

5g.JPG

5g freed.JPG

22 REPLIES 22

NAM1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ensured she had the latest Carrier Services app installed and support sent a network reset to the device and now all is well FYI

foreverkayla8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry, I didn't read all the posts and unsure if a solution was reached, but I just switched from a 4G plan to a 5GB plan today and I don't have a 5G phone.  I turned off wi-fi and was disappointed when my data did not work.  However, I restarted the phone and the data now works.  Hope you get it resolved!

arbbie

Very strange. Must be some provisioning issue on PM’s end. I imagine if all you did was move from one data plan to another, data should continue to work. Especially since you’re using the same phone and presumably haven’t altered any device settings. Sorry to hear it isn’t working; hopefully they get you sorted soon

NAM1

Not silly at all and thanks for the reply.  Yes existing customer,  same phone,  just switched from another data plan to this one and data stopped.  Voice still works.  In stuck....

arbbie

This might sound silly, but are all your Cellular settings showing correctly on your device? For instance, I’m on an iPhone and under Settings > Cellular there’s a toggle for Cellular Data (on/off).

You mentioned switching to this plan. I’m assuming you’re an existing PM customer moving from one plan to another? Did your old plan have data?

NAM1

Can someone please help me. Existing PM subscriber. Same phone.  Switched to this new plan and now have no data. Voice only.  0MB used on new plan. Did all the troubleshooting steps. No data.  Tried to submit support ticket 10 times. Every single time error 404 or error XXX. I am giving up hope here..... brutal experience on this new plan   

arbbie

Permanent! Just switched over to PM from another carrier and got this plan ($34 for 20GB at 5G). Monthly rate is permanent; no promo period noted when I activated 

Marhoho

This $34 deal is only for 90 day or permanent ?thank you!

Marhoho

so this black Friday plan is a 90 days plan or permeate? Thank you!

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It wasn't there when I checked but people are saying that they updated the page so will have to check again

EDIT: Yup, it shows up now 

mojorising

I'm really interested to see what they are going to have for Black Friday that's going to top this.

@kb_mv wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:

They have updated the web page to reflect the new $34 5G plan.

The benner at the top says 5G but it still says 4G on the plans page.

@computergeek541 You may want to check again...

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 6.35.12 PM.png

That wasn't there when I looked, but it may have been a caching issue.  I think that it's going to add confusion to have both a 4G and 5G plan at the same price point.  I believe that Public Mobile would be better to eliminate the different speed tiers altogether.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:

@computergeek541 You may want to check again...

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 6.35.12 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 6.37.14 PM.png

@kb_mv wrote:

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Abheer wrote:

WHAT? Why don't I have that?
EDIT: After doing my research, I found out that it is only for existing customers. Have scheduled my plan change on the renewal date. Thank you @mojorising.

Hm, I'm not opening a new account just to prove this, but since it's on the website my guess would be that it's available to everybody, new customers and existing customers alike?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

It would be nice if the $40 / 90 days 50GB Can-USA plan was available outside of Quebec.

K_GL

just changed for all of my family,best deal,thanks

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

WHAT? Why don't I have that?
EDIT: After doing my research, I found out that it is only for existing customers. Have scheduled my plan change on the renewal date. Thank you @mojorising.

Jlund

This is beyond amazing. It's about time that cell prices have gotten super affordable. Remember when 1 GB was like $80/ month?

mojorising

And I thought I had a scoop...

Need Help? Let's chat.