cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the $34 Option available to all? I don't have that option, or others under 'Change Subscription'

jasonklangdon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm seeing community comments where customers are indicating they are changing to the $34 plan and that it is available for all.  I'm on the East coast and while I see that option on the website, this plan and ALL others are 'new activation only'.  When I log in and click on 'change subscription', I see my current plan with an option to change to the 90 day sub and save $5 that way and a $25 and $15 option.  the $40, $45, $55 and $65 option don't appear.  I spoke to a cs_agent and was told that in the fine print are for new customers only.  So I can't even upgrade to more data if I wanted to. What kind of business model is that? Does everyone else have the $34 / 20GB option? Or is it regional or something?

Seeing Freedom mobile has the $34 / 20GB on now too for a limited time and looking to lower the cost and may port over.

24 REPLIES 24

Yegger

Thanks Abheer. I logged in to desktop and saw the change on renewal. 

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Yegger 
It is just the app acting up. I wasn't even able to see it. I can see it if I log in to desktop account, then go to "Subscriptions and Add-Ons"
image_2023-11-11_092501271.png

Yegger

I was able to change to this new one. Saw the page where it says change will occur at renewal. Went to home page. Then went back to subscription page just to check it. The change on renewal date is now gone, and I can't find the plan from the choices anymore. I see the plan outside of the subscription page.. so I'm not sure now if it will actually change come renewal. Frustrating.

I remember they had the same issues when the app was still new. I hope it's just that, and the fix will come soon.

jasonklangdon

Messaged a CS agent and appears to be an account issue. the $34 5G option is now there and I have updated sub to update on monthly renewal.  Thanks all for your input. Much appreciated!

@statusquo wrote:

Here's a screenshot of both plans I noticed in my account.

statusquo_0-1699643796394.png

Thanks for mentioning this @statusquo  - plan change on next renewal scheduled!

statusquo

Yes, really nice that it's available to everyone and I'm almost tempted to subscribe to it myself with it being unlimited data but I don't think I will ever use 20gb in the first place @hTideGnow 

Hi @statusquo 

thanks.  found it after logging into My Account

So, we saw many good plans for new activation only, but this $34 5G plan is for existing subscribers only for now 👍

statusquo

Here's a screenshot of both plans I noticed in my account.

statusquo_0-1699643796394.png

statusquo

I see it when I select change subscription option except one has unlimited data and 5g speeds @hTideGnow 

Hi @statusquo  i don't see a $34 5G plan.. maybe it is a typo for PM somewhere?

statusquo

I see Public has introduced another version of the $34 plan which has 5g speed with unlimited data at reduced speed for the 20gb plan data, but the previous 4g speed $34 plan is still available as well on the same page without unlimited data which is confusing again.  Make sure you pick the one with 5g speeds @jasonklangdon 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jasonklangdon , try this workaround and see if it helps.  Select any other plan for the next renewal.  Confirm the plan change is properly staged.  Then go back and check if the $34/20GB plan is available for selection.  If it is, select it for the next renewal.  I am thinking that being on an older version of the 20GB plan might be blocking you access to the newer version.  Also make sure to be viewing all plan speed options.  As always, use incognito mode on the browser when doing this to prevent data caching problems.  

Abheer

Yup, that is for the eSIM. Every plan, even the ones you have the option to change to say that. Tell them that and see how they respond. Provide screen recordings if necessary. 

Oh, so it's that they didn't include the $34 plan in that offer to change to a higher cost plan. Go back to them and explain how footnote/endnotes work. Ask them where it says that the PLAN is only for new activations. They can't. Because it's not. Escalate if need be.
Of course it would be nice if you could see the plans to change to one yourself. We've seen a few customers come in with that kind of question. Not sure how they got around it.

jasonklangdon

Here's what it says. and was provided in the CS email as to why I did not avail of $34 plan. my phone is esim compatible.

jasonklangdon_0-1699630819972.png

jasonklangdon

Goal was to just to change to $34 plan for the lines I have. I already have sims. 

That's just for the free esim at sign up. Not the plan overall.
What was your goal then?

jasonklangdon

I did that. Last week.  each plan, is tagged with *** and if you go into the fine print for each at the bottom of the page, it does day, for me at least, these are new activation's only.  But seeing others are able to access the lower cost plan.  They did offer to 'manually' change me to a higher cost plan but opted not to, as that wasn't my goal here.

@jasonklangdon wrote:

I've tried via desktop in normal / incognito and via the app.  Options do not change.

@jasonklangdon I have recently changed 2 accounts, one to the $34 plan and the other to a different one. As I said earlier, customer service was just flat out wrong with the info the apparently gave you. I would try again, contacting them with my screenshot.

Edit: make sure that on the new plans page, at the top you have selected all to look at as opposed to say only 3G

Abheer

Try to reach a CS Agent again and send them this screenshot. If they have proof they can't possibly give you wrong information (I hope).

jasonklangdon

I've tried via desktop in normal / incognito and via the app.  Options do not change.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@jasonklangdon I am in NB and see all the plans. Only one is for new activations only. Not sure why CS would tell you otherwise.

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 11.14.56 AM.png

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Once again more useless misinformation from support. Incredible. Only the $40/30gb plan is new activations. Are you using the app or the web site? If web site are you using a mobile browser or non-mobile. Try using a non-mobile browser and using incognito mode.

Abheer

Hi @jasonklangdon 

Hmm. That is weird. Try to see if it is on your desktop if you are using a phone or if it is on your phone if you are on desktop. If not, you can try to  message a Public Mobile agent here and ask them to switch it over for you and provide them with this screenshot

Have a nice day.

Need Help? Let's chat.