cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network keeps dropping when I try to make an outgoing call.

Ren97
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Almost every time I try to make an outgoing call, the network drops to no service and the call doesn't complete.

SMS and mobile data work normally.

My partner attempted with my SIM in his phone and he got much the same results.

All the calls were attempted in our home, which for as long as remember never had this problem until the last few months. 

Any idea what the issue could be?

10 REPLIES 10

HI @Ren97 

i think you need support agent to refresh your account and check

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Ren97

Tried 3g only as preferred network. Showing "H" most of the time. However, it is showing full signal strength when I go elsewhere. However, I'm still unable to make calls most of the time. 

I have a moto g fast, and my plan Is just unlimited talk and text with 2g of data. 

Kev58
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would say try a new sim card , especially if the problem is following to another device .

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @Ren97 

so, calls were when you are away from home?

what phone do you have? brand and model?

and what plan do you have ?

did you try changing your network mode to 3G or WCDMA only?

Ren97

No. I've been on public for several years. Nothing has changed except my ability to have a phone call. 

Kev58

Did you just recently switch from another provider?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ren97  Lots of folks complain of dropped calls around here myself included . Public mobile acknowledged the issue awhile back and said it had since been resolved . Never went away for me best thing I. An suggest is try phone set to 3G for a little bit see if that helps then switch back to 4G/LTE or 5G and cross your fingers 

Ren97

Yes, I can confirm that WiFi is turned off during these attempts. 

Kev58

Hello,

Can you confirm that your wifi is disabled when you do the test?

Ren97

I forgot to mention, sometimes the call does actually go through, it lasts for about 30s-60s before dropping the call. 

Need Help? Let's chat.