cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help !!! 4g network

Lepksquad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hopefully We can solve this mystery.

I have purchase the new Public mobile plan 4g network and no where I can find how to activate on my Iphone XR

I have tried removing sim card.. rebooting network settings going into voice-data but I only see LTE and 3g.

hope someone can help me.

10 REPLIES 10

@Lepksquad wrote:

I have full service im sitting at  1.10 DL and 0.74 upload.

It's possible that your speed issues are unrelated to your plan change.  The download speed of 1.1 Mbps is below that of even the speed on the LTE network for a 3g plan.  This leads to me to believe that the location that you've tested the speed at has either poor LTE coverage or is very heavily congested.  Switching to a 4g plan wouldn't help if that's the case.

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

4G = LTE, LTE = 4G

But with Public you use both the 3G and 4G(LTE) networks for all plans and the speeds are limited to either 3Mbps for a "3G" plan for 100Mbps for a "4G" plan.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Lepksquad 

It will take 2 days for the 4G/LTE to be added to your service.

Try the speed test tomorrow.

Lepksquad

I have full service im sitting at  1.10 DL and 0.74 upload.

It's gonna show as LTE.

You could do a SpeedTest to check your speed but remember that uses up some data.

edit'd...

"up to 30X faster.."...is a marketing term.

Plans with 3G speed may reach download speeds of up to 3 Mbps, and plans with 4G speed may reach download speeds up to 100 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network. Speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management and other factors. For more information about speed experience in our rate plans.

Lepksquad

I was expecting to see the 4G logo on top left of iphone... my data is still has slow has usual when I heard 30X i was suprised.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What indicators do you get when you turn on your cell data?

The only thing that gets delayed is the increase in speed. But it will likely have always been connecting to 4G LTE.

Lepksquad

297722126_611211027241319_7273294199867699206_n.jpgit was renewed on augst 11th . but its just weird That i dont see the option 4g

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

When did you purchase ? It's been known to take 48 hrs for it to work on the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.