cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages

BiancaK1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched my account from freedom mobile to public mobile. And now I am not receiving text messages or calls. What should I do?

5 REPLIES 5

@Lux wrote:

Sometimes it may take 3-4 days for your number to be fully registered with PM.

Coming from another mobile carrier, as this customer is, should never take 3 to 4 days.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@BiancaK1 Hi when you ported your number did you leave your freedom sim in your phone to receive text to transfer your phone number? You have 90 minutes to reply yes , if you did not do this your port failed, I will send you porting team number ,check your person message envelope 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BiancaK1 

Did you reply YES to the PAT porting authorization text within 90 minutes of recieving it? If not then you need to reinitiate your port request thru customer support or by calling the telus porting department with your account # from freedom. Mobile ports take a maximum of 2 hours to complete but most are within minutes and almost all within 30 minutes. If this is the case then request the telus porting department to be sent via private message.

Edit to add...

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@BiancaK1 

your freedom old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request.
do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message SMS to reply yes ,.in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.

If the previous troubleshooting steps didn’t work, and it has taken more than 2 hours to transfer your mobile number, you will need the help of a Customer Support Agent. Chatbot

Lux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try restarting your phone.

Sometimes it may take 3-4 days for your number to be fully registered with PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.