cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO service

husna_bk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have not been able to receive calls, when i am called it says that my number is either out of range or service, it says its a foreign number.  

12 REPLIES 12

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@husna_bk 

Please send customer support an email and they will resolve this for you. Just send a private message to @CS_Agent with your account details so they can authenticate your identity.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry @husna_bk   from your reply, I am not 100% sure I get what you said about whether the number was from another provider or not .  you said:

uhum no its from another provider, Tellus. 

it is a new number 

So, is it a new number you got from PM or a number transferred into PM from Telus?

Either way, maybe try to open a ticket with PM Support first and have them confirm:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

husna_bk

yes i am 

husna_bk

It is a recent problem, it is a new number so no the service wasnt working originally 

husna_bk

I only got the number a few days ago, uhum no its from another provider, Tellus. yes i am able to make calls without a problem  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@husna_bk 

you activated new line do you getting new number or you Transfer old number to public mobile, if so 

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

you can also do some troubleshoot

Spoiler

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue.

if you can't fix it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@husna_bk wrote:

I have not been able to receive calls, when i am called it says that my number is either out of range or service, it says its a foreign number.  

@husna_bk -

Try manually forcing your mobile connection on your phone to 3G or WCDMA ONLY temporarily to see if services improve.

Also - This may not apply...but, do you live by a Canada/USA boarder? If so, turn off your Roaming option on your device.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@husna_bk    as many said, sound like a porting issue

you can call out without issue?  and data no problem?

If you have just activated and requested porting?  you replied the text from the previous provider with a YES within 90 minutes?

There is a number to call for Porting status, I can message you via Community inbox.  check Envelope icon on top right  

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@husna_bk 

In order to be able to better help you, I have a few questions:

(1) How long have you had this number?

(2) Did you get it as a new number from PM, or did you port it in from another provider?

(3) Are you able to make outgoing calls without problems?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you bring your number from a previous provider? Or did you select a number at activation? Is this a recent problem? Did the services used to work?

Contact a Customer Support Agent

Customer Support Agents hours of operation 

Everything about everything here 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What your PM account says? Is it status Active?

Can you send/receive SMS? How about Internet?

When it stopped working and did you have regular service before that?

Are you at the same place as usual or you out of range of cell towers?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@husna_bk 

Are you calling from Canada?

Need Help? Let's chat.