cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystical data usage

HuronBob1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can anyone tell me why I would be using 100's of megs of data while I am asleep? It seems to occur between 12:00 and 2:00 a.m. Should I be starting a ticket to trace this usage?

7 REPLIES 7

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nope shows as used. Only just started. 

HI @Grinch  

it could be just some data buffer.   Public mobile uses about a 5.2mb buffer for your mobile data. This gets reset nightly or when you toggle airplane mode on and turn your mobile data. 

HuronBob1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks everyone. Now I understand

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My account for a Zte box is using data. And this device cannot use data. I think it is a new PM issue since the recent changes. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @HuronBob1 data usage does not recorded and show on my Account constantly .  It shows twice a day. So, the midnight one is pretty much a total of the last 12 hours usage

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@HuronBob1 

PM does not update the data usage constantly.  In fact, it only update it twice a day.  So, any entry you see is just a total usage between that timestamp and the timestamp of the previous entry.  So, your morning usage use see does not mean it was used in the morning but a total usage for the last 12 hours.

Also, for correct usage reading, always use Incognito mode to login My Account to avoid reading cached old info

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@HuronBob1  pM updates the data usage twice a day ,, so your seeing the data you previously used updating then 

Need Help? Let's chat.