cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My signal keep getting disconnected in USA Data roaming plan

kskirankumar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I took USA Data roaming plan. One day it worked in one city, and next day it is not working in another city in USA. The signal keep getting disconnected every 2-5 seconds, so I am not able to use the data for my Android phone apps. I badly need data as soon as possbile. I took this plan to use my data to communicated with my friends to meet. If my data not working I can not communicate with them. 

18 REPLIES 18

@hTideGnow 

I would only do it if one is experiencing issues with the network. other than that I would leave it alone. Unless one's device needed to manually enter APN settings for PM, it won't mess anything up. 

Hi @gpixel   so, I guess if we Reset All network in US , it might screw up PM's settings and we need to do the same when we are back in Canada?  I always worry about that part

@hTideGnow 

yeah that's a standard practice when connecting to a new network. it basically removes previous network settings that can interfere with the current network one is on

HI @gpixel   I always wonder if it is a good idea to do Network reset during roaming, would it get the proper APN or got the roaming provider's?

kskirankumar

I think it is working now. Taking the SIM out and put it back did the trick. Thank you all for replying me. 

[self help wins again ..... Luddite]

@kskirankumar 

try resetting the network settings on the device. 

@kskirankumar   How is the Dallas weather?  I heard the storm affected them as well.  Wonder if it is weather realted and T-Mobile network has trouble.  Ask if any of your friends there has problem with T-Mobile there

kskirankumar

I tried virtual chat, didnt work. I tried selecting provider manually, as soon as it connect, the provider disappers and appers again and connects. This cycle goes on every 2-5 seconds. 

@kskirankumar   you can go back to the message you picked and click the down arrow and then select "Not soluton"

Dallas should have decent T-Mobile coverage

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

For your issue, you might want to buy local prepaid data for now.  When you are back in Canada, you can open ticket with PM to get the transaction refunded. 

kskirankumar

I tried virtual chat, didn't work. I also tried selecting provider manually. It connect and the provider disapper in few seconds and comes back again. 

kskirankumar

Sorry, I accidently accepted one reply as solution. I am In Dallas, and I roamed to many places. It didn't work anywhere and I reboted many times already. I am keep getting text message saying my plan doesn't include sending text messages. Actually I was not sending any messages, so I disabled text message app that comes with the Android device, still this is issue. 

@DDM69 @Still doesn’t change the fact your still wrong !!!!

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You should try to solve the issue not provide a repetitive, not so "handy" reply.

@DDM69 0nly gave that reply twice , not every post so that’s incorrect . Go back n check for your self 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kskirankumar   if it disconnects every 2 to 5 seconds, it could be a device issuse

Reboot your phone once .

Make sure you manually choose T-Mobile network

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unfortunately there is poor signal strength in some areas  especially if you're in a mall, parking garage or airport- nothing much you can do about it. Since WIFI is available inmost public places --I find that using an iPhone's --- iMessage and internet browsing is the no cost and best solution.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try to choose the US provider manually in your cellular settings.  Disregard Handy1's reply.  It's the same for every post.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kskirankumar 

Contact an agent:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here
Need Help? Let's chat.