cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My plan that has been working for two years is telling me I don't have voice calls. Please fix...

Borrev
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

25 REPLIES 25

Thanks @Anonymous 

I didn't notice the link

Looks like only Greece got dropped.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kselmak wrote:

@Borrev wrote:

Looks like the international country list has shrunk from 45 to about 20. Have I got this right?

@Borrev 

I checked the community for both names of Holland and people have been asking why it's not there and when will it be.

As far as I understand Telus makes deals with carriers, and those deals change and/or expire. If they are forced to increase the cost of the minute they will possibly just drop that country from the last as opposed to change from 400 minutes to 300. 

But if you say the number of countries slashed in less than half maybe it's time to have another ld add-on

I linked to a 2014 post about the list. I would say Holland was never on it. Nor 45 countries.

@Borrev wrote:

Looks like the international country list has shrunk from 45 to about 20. Have I got this right?

@Borrev 

I checked the community for both names of Holland and people have been asking why it's not there and when will it be.

As far as I understand Telus makes deals with carriers, and those deals change and/or expire. If they are forced to increase the cost of the minute they will possibly just drop that country from the last as opposed to change from 400 minutes to 300. 

But if you say the number of countries slashed in less than half maybe it's time to have another ld add-on

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could purchase a LD calling card or if you have wi-fi access then you could use apps like Fongo, Textnow, WhatsApp, or Skype.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Borrev wrote:

I don't think Holland has ever been on the list. At least since 2014 anyway.

I would suggest that you found an undocumented benefit here that I guess got fixed. There are a few.

Borrev

Borrev

Yes, minutes are still there. It was some time ago (months) that I called Holland (Netherlands). Thanks to all for the info....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Borrev wrote:

Yes, add on minutes still in my account

Then perhaps they fixed it to match the list. And you saw the 400 minute add-on?

When did you last try to call Holland before now?

Borrev

Yes, add on minutes still in my account

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Borrev wrote:

Holland, worked in the past...

I'm not sure how. That's not an included country. Maybe you found an undocumented benefit that they fixed.

If they didn't fix anything then you would need to have the add-on minutes available. Are you sure the add-on still shows in your data & add-ons area?

@computergeek541 , @Luddite , other Oracle's, could you please remove @Borrev 's phone number from the post? 6 or 7 from top first page? Thanks.

@Borrev, it does not look like Holland is included in the linternational ong distance add on now. The countries included has changed. 

@Borrev wrote:
My phone number is xxxxxxxxx. l am on the road. I have made no changes to my account. My next auto payment date is April 19. This is something that has happened on your side. Please fix...

@Borrev 

Give me a minute I'll try to find company that will give you some free calling to Holland, they usually give 120 or 90 days of free calling them start using the balance. I'll post back here

Internetcalls.com will give you 120 days off free calling (300 minutes per week per ip/phone number of origin) to Holland  landline after that they will charge 2 eurocents per minute. Any time you topup you get another 120 days.

To call you can

Use their app

Use mobilevoip app

Call in as with a card

Setup calling account on your Android phone on your native phone app (if your phone allows sip calling accounts)

Phone2phone from the browser

I used them before, call qualities is ok with good WiFi/data connection

Borrev

Holland, worked in the past...

@Borrev 

Not all the countries are included

Where are you trying to call

These are included

International countries include: Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

For the rest of them I would suggest betamax company like nonoh

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Borrev wrote:

No, unlimited Canada US calling and 400 minutes of International. Just tested, can receive and make local calls. Can not place international calls.

There's a limited list of countries to call international. Which country are you trying to call?

And do you see the 400 minute add-on in your data & add-ons area? Maybe you've used the 400 minutes.

Borrev

No, unlimited Canada US calling and 400 minutes of International. Just tested, can receive and make local calls. Can not place international calls.

Hi @Borrev  you can contact moderators (public mobile employees)https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

But they may take some time before replying.

If you give us a bit more info maybe we can help even before they respond.

Sometimes it's as easy as restarting your phone

Or sometime you are accidentally dialing USA number, it had happened to me for sure.

It would be nice if you could login to your selfserve and check if everything there is at it should be.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Borrev wrote:
My phone number is xxxxxxxx. l am on the road. I have made no changes to my account. My next auto payment date is April 19. This is something that has happened on your side. Please fix...

So you're on an older 90 day plan.

No one's is going to come to you to fix it. You would need to contact the moderators.

Several questions have been asked. It would be helpful to check your self-serve account.

Or try dialing 611 and see what you get. Without being alarming...there's a chance something bad has happened to your account.

@Borrev 

Please remove your phone number from the post (3 dots on top right corner)

This is just a community it's all public, we are users just like you, please don't share any personal or account info that can be misused

Thanks

Borrev
My phone number is *** *** ****. l am on the road. I have made no changes to my account. My next auto payment date is April 19. This is something that has happened on your side. Please fix...

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @Borrev 

are you receiving calls still? 

Can you give us details on what plan do you have?

Can you log into your Self-serve account and see if your account is active?

was your payment due recently?

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow. Been here for 2 years and this is your first post.

What plan are you on?

Is the account showing as Active in the self-serve?

Just to show us there are people who really don't have issues for years.

It would be nice if all would create community account right away, this way they would probably know which email they used for activation

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Borrev 

Which plan is it?

Did you renew today?

What is your status? https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ 

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Been here for 2 years and this is your first post.

What plan are you on?

Is the account showing as Active in the self-serve?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

What type of plan do you have ?  Do you have limited minutes ?

Need Help? Let's chat.