cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account transfer not successful

Rachbach27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I transferred (or requested to transfer) my account from TELUS over 5 hours ago after purchasing a subscription. I received confirmation texts from TELUS to which I replied Yes, but no confirmation text from Public Mobile. My TELUS service has now been disconnected, but I have no Public Mobile service/ no phone service. The check compatibility tool in the help chat is not working/ the page no longer exists. I believe I have an ESim. I have an IPhone 14. Any help is appreciated. Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

Rachbach27

That worked! Thank you!

@Rachbach27 

that is a different issue then.  It is related with your esim setup and not porting

On Android:  Check your Sim Card Manager and see if a Public Mobile eSim is there.  If so, make sure it is enabled.  

On iPhone: check Settings > Celluar and see if the eSIM is there.  If it is, make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

Android-eSIM_Watermarked.jpg    iPhone-eSIM_Watermarked.jpg

if you don't see the Public Mobile esim there, check the Welcome email, there should be a QR code for the esim for you to scan and install manually)

If the Public Mobile eSIM is there, disable or delete those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim). 
If the non-PM sim is physical, remove it.  If the non-PM sim is an esim, disable using the SIM Manager on the phone (or set as Secondary and turn off "Turn on this line" for this non-PM esim)  

Then reboot the phone and click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, open ticket with PM support using private message : 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Rachbach27

I get an “unable to activate ESIM” message on my phone when I try to activate it via the QR code. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @Rachbach27 

Reboot your phone first.  Then click Reset All networks or Reset networks settings.  Next, try calling yourself.  Your PM phone should now ring

if not, There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can confirm the porting status for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.