cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone isn't showing the same data usage as on my online account

Hadza2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I keep getting SMS texts saying I've used 95% of my data.

Samsung Galaxy A8 is showing 557 MB of mobile data usage out of 2 GB.  (the 2GB is from an older previous add-on, but my phone is still showing it)

But my regular account plan is for 250 MB. I also recently did an add-on of 200 MB a few days ago.

Everything looks correct on my online account.  However, the data use numbers on my phone don't make any sense.

How do I correct the data info on my phone?

7 REPLIES 7

Hadza2

Thanks to everyone who replied. Very helpful.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The billing cycle changes by a day or 2, so you're going to always have to change it on your phone when you start a new billing period so it matches the 30 day period that shows on your account.

Hadza2

Yeah, I think the billing cycle is off.  I've never changed it though. Does the billing cycle change?  If so why?

TheSterlinger

Even with the 30 day period it will still be off

TheSterlinger

Public mobile and your phone measures the data differently for reasons I have no idea. They just do.

Ballantina

Settings- connections- data usage- billing cycle and data warning- data warning-

It will open to allow you to set what you want. When I had 10GB, I set mine to 5GB, it’s your preference 😊

mojorising

Always go by what your data shows on your account page, not your phone as that is the true usage info.

Is your phone set with your current 30 day pay period? That could be why it's off.

Need Help? Let's chat.