cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account says suspended but everything is working

Darkening2976
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

When I login to my public mobile account, it says the account is suspended. However, my service seems to be working fine. I recently changed my SIM card because I lost my old phone so not sure whether it is related. Further, this morning I was charged my auto-payment where it didn't apply any rewards so I was charged almost $8 more than I should have. Can someone please help?

11 REPLIES 11

Darkening2976

I wanted to bump this thread because I have received no response from Public Mobile ever since I opened a ticket to them on the 19th of September (for the rewards issue). Is this how they treat their customers by just ignoring their request or am I doing something wrong?

Darkening2976

Thank you I have submitted a ticket for the rewards issue. I will report back here once I hear back from them.

As for the other issue of "Your account has been suspended" - that message has now magically disappeared from my account. So like @hairbag1 said it was probably just a renewal message.

Thank you all for helping me narrow this down. I appreciate it.

Then yes that's a known problem that when you suspend the rewards don't pay in on the next renewal. You'll need to contact support to get them applied. You are entitled to them. Don't let them tell you aren't.

Darkening2976

No, I had suspended the account only for the duration when my sim card was lost (3 days) - this was at last a few weeks ago. I reactivated on the new card online and then everything was working as expected. My concerns are a) I hope I don't lose my number in the next 90 days b) why have I lost all the rewards that earned in the past 4+ years?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you suspend your account with lost/stolen sometime before this latest renewal within the last month?

Darkening2976

It doesn't make sense though, they auto-deducted full value of the plan and didn't apply the rewards. Has the reward system changed as well? Like I said earlier, I was auto-charged almost $8 more than usual.

Mine is the same as yours. Our plans renewed last night...so all is well.

Ignore the message...it'll disappear soon.

Just another one of the many PM's oddities, I reckon.

Darkening2976

I tried all of it already, I don't think it has anything to do with cache or the browser. Here is the message if that helps.

Darkening2976_0-1663593490968.png

@Darkening2976 wrote:

I changed it online via self-service account.

@Darkening2976 

That is good. Some customers activate a new account with the new SIM card. 

There is a glitch in the My account page.  Sometimes it shows the old cached version of the website for your account.  Maybe try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  Login in again.  

Darkening2976

I changed it online via self-service account.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Darkening2976 

How did you change your SIM card number?  Via your self service account? Or did you activate your new SIM card? (ie. made a new account)  

Here is some more information about changing SIM card:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

(bottom of article)

Need Help? Let's chat.