cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Plan Options at Public Mobile?

IWorkForRogers1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looks like my post got deleted. So I will not allude to the elephant in the room this time!

Does anyone in this community want a 5G plan that is like $25 or so... just to be able to check small things on the go? Nothing beefed up just something that is ample. Like, for example the plan will only need to be 1GB to 3 GB or 5GB max, and its just to order something on the go like Uber or Ritual or check transit or check a website really quick... not browse TikTok or YouTube for hours and hog data but just small things?  Sure the 3G plans were great for this and still are to those who still use them, but 5G would be better.

@softech  @Handy1

24 REPLIES 24

HI @IWorkForRogers1 

now that you found out the truth from @gb23  , $25 and $15 plans still here , maybe you want to activate it here instead of stay with your Employer , Rogers?  To activate the $25 or $15 plan, please download the PM app and start the activation there. Cheers!!

gb23

"For anyone new joining Public Mobile all the low price points have vanished, it is impossible now to onboard folks, who cannot afford the higher prices."

That's not correct. The lower priced plans are still available while signing up through the app.

IWorkForRogers1

@hTideGnow @LitlLdy 

What is all this made up stuff? It doesn't matter where I work, essentially everyone works for Rogers because we just keep sending all our money down that drain from hard work we do to earn it.

You are aware that all telecom companies in Canada are the same, there is almost no differentiation, Public Mobile was the last shining star to go dim.

Before the new makeover there were cheap plans at Public Mobile, they could not offer High Speed, Low Cap, Low Price plans as it overlap other plans. Now that they have these big data plans with BIG data they can offer the High Speed, Low Cap (i.e. Small Data) at sub $25 price points.

For anyone new joining Public Mobile all the low price points have vanished, it is impossible now to onboard folks, who cannot afford the higher prices.

and I notice @IWorkForRogers1 didn't really answer out questions.   He asked us and just want to listen?

gb23

Anything really worth using 5G on would use up that data in minutes with such small allotments. 4G speed is good enough and 90% of the time 3G speed is as well.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @LitlLdy   

sales post? that is a No here

@hTideGnow , thank you! 🙂

HI @LitlLdy   

sales post? that is a No here

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@IWorkForRogers1 wrote:

Looks like my post got deleted. So I will not allude to the elephant in the room this time!

Does anyone in this community want a 5G plan that is like $25 or so... just to be able to check small things on the go? Nothing beefed up just something that is ample. Like, for example the plan will only need to be 1GB to 3 GB or 5GB max, and its just to order something on the go like Uber or Ritual or check transit or check a website really quick... not browse TikTok or YouTube for hours and hog data but just small things?  Sure the 3G plans were great for this and still are to those who still use them, but 5G would be better.

@softech  @Handy1

@IWorkForRogers1 , I’m confused & a little slow so I will apologize ahead of time, are you offering a cell phone service plan from another company (Rogers) as a sales person? Are you a Customer of Public Mobile or looking to become one but not finding the plans you want? Your post is a little confusing! Sorry 😕

It sounds like based on your post that you work for Rogers (as per your username) & are trying to offer better cell phone plans to Customers of Public Mobile by posting on Public Mobiles Community Forum & getting our feedback on it!

IWorkForRogers1

What about price?

IWorkForRogers1

You were in the other post that got deleted.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@IWorkForRogers1   why  my name was tagged?  I have no say to plan design. LoL

And @DennyCrane was right, you don't need 5G speed for Urger or Ritual or check transit.  The current 3Mpbs speed is more than enough for activities like that  🙂

Btw,  isn't that exciting? I see people designing new plans and changing how add-on expiry works.  Power of the Community

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Everybody is different and have different needs comparing to next person.

I want RELIABLE service. Do not care for data speed at all.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@IWorkForRogers1 , if you actually do work for Rogers, the best way to effect change in this brand is to effect change in your brand where I assume you have more sway.  There is nothing like competition to improve offerings for customers at large.  Where is the VoLTE and 5G service at the Chatr brand?  

IWorkForRogers1

Emails take 0.2secs to load at 3G speeds, its complicated websites like Epic Games would take about 10-15 seconds to load, would be nice to have it cut down if one is just quickly checking something on the fly.

HI @IWorkForRogers1   I don't understand the point of this 

PM does not design plans based on what we want.

They designed based on how much profit they want to make as well as response to competitor.  We can be talking all days the Perfect plan we want , best features, lowest price, but those are just dreams., isn't it?

IWorkForRogers1

Yeah so it would not cost anymore to make a new plan, high speeds low caps fair price, but it is loss in profit if people downgrade, but they can also pick up more customers... which were already customs anyway at say Rogers, Telus or Bell right?

My point is us saying we want something isn't in and of itself a strong business case for PM.

The cell phone providers are all about ARPU. The higher the better. Yes they offer entry level plans, but their goal is to get as many of us as possible into higher spend plans. They won't help their case by giving the same bells and whistles the expensive plans get, to the lower dollar plans.

I'm sure eventually it'll all be 4G and 5G, but for you to expect the $25 plans to get 5G speeds anytime soon, you're dreaming. The entry to 5G right now is $55 on a 90 day subscription I believe. We've got a long way to go. Best you can hope for is 4G speeds in the foreseeable future. 

IWorkForRogers1

How is this compared to lottery? Are you certain they have that much control over the prices that this who thing is impossible? It might be possible to gather interest in high speeds at low caps.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

1GB bucket at 5G (speed)?? That is just evaporating in minutes. I have no problem waiting for my emails to load in 10 seconds instead of 0.2 seconds.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

1) The activities you described do not warrant 5G

2) Good luck. I want a lottery win so I can retire, but that's probably not in the cards. It's not an accident that the lower $ plans can't access 4G or 5G speeds. They didn't just forget to include them. 

IWorkForRogers1

$25 for low cap, like 1GB or 5GB max, plans are now carrying caps 10GB+ so with low cap it will seem fair.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @IWorkForRogers1   and you work for Rogers? why you are here with its competitor? LoL

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@IWorkForRogers1  Yes I would really like to see a big speed affordable plan , like that and would jump on it in a heart beat , great suggestion !

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @IWorkForRogers1   we all want cheap plan and on 5G, but it is not a question if we want

no carrier is giving us 5G for $25

Need Help? Let's chat.