cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money taken without permission

Imangrynow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did not sign up for auto pay and yet you took money out of my bank account anyway

15 REPLIES 15

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

You have to check the box before leaving the payment page. If you recall Rogers got in a whole lot of trouble for negative billing. You must authorize autopay.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@darlicious et al. I think autopay is the default when a new account is opened with a credit/debit card. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Imangrynow 

When you activated your services did you pay with your banks credit/debit card? There is a prompt that encourages you to sign up for autopay by checking the box. Go to your transaction history and look for a $2 autopay reward credit dated on or the day following your activation. If you see this then you did check the box and sign up for autopay during your activation.

Autopay is not the same as preauthorized payments like other providers encourage you to set up. Autopay only allows a one time attempt at payment of any outstanding plan amount to renew your plan for the next 30 days. All other transaction charges for top up payments can only be authorized and manually entered by you thru your self serve account or thru the 611/IVR system after entering your 4 digit pin #.

If for some reason your account shows you are not registered for autopay and you have not recieved the initial autopay reward credit nor the autopay reward on your last renewal or the 500mb autopay data bonus then contact customer service to suspend your current plan services, remove the card from autopay and refund your plan amount back the card you have on file.

It couldn't hurt to have them open a ticket with the tech team to investigate how autopay was triggered without previous registration as this would be the first instance I have heard of this issue.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Imangrynow wrote:

I did not sign up for auto pay and yet you took money out of my bank account anyway

PM payment system does not take fund directly from your bank account.  How PM server know about your bank account details to take fund from your bank account. 

But PM autopay accepts debit VISA card to get fund from your bank account indirectly.  But you said that you did not signup for autopay.

Please provide more details.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Much appreciated @Jb456 !!! Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy : Did you go look before asking? Make a payment/Edit your autopay preferences/Remove Autopay. Or Payment/Automatic Payments/Remove Autopay. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy  To remove auto-pay 

• Login
  • Click Payments
  • Click automatic payments
  • Click Remove Auto-pay

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Check your My Account first. 

Does bottom of main page say you are registered to Dynamic Auto Pay?

If Yes

Go to make payments and remove card or leave card there and remove auto pay

And How do you remove autopay?

Check your My Account first. 

Does bottom of main page say you are registered to Dynamic Auto Pay?

If Yes

Go to make payments and remove card or leave card there and remove auto pay

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Imangrynow wrote:

Did you ever provide your credit card to PM?

Credit card charges are not the same as 'money from bank account''.

To my understanding if you are not on autopay, PM will not touch your CC at all so you would have to load funds into your account before renewal day manually.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Imangrynow 
Who activated the SIM?

Remember once you cancel AutoPay, your free bonus data will be removed too.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Except public mobile does not do auto pay from bank accounts, @Imangrynow 

Can you confirm you do not mean a credit card or Visa debit?

If you are talking about a bank or checking account, it likely isn’t a public mobile charge for your mobile service.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Imangrynow   this rarely happens.  first login to My Account and confirm if Autopsy really disabled. 

then open ticket with PM Support for investigation:

click on the Bubble  on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

Start by typing "Overcharge"
then click "Contact Us"
then click "Click here to submit a ticket"

you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Imangrynow 

Contact customer service agents. 

Open a ticket via: 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time) 

Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗" 

or send a private message to: 

and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Imangrynow 

Contact a CS_Agent by private messaging them by clicking on top of this page.

So check your Self Serve account and delete all CC information,

Need Help? Let's chat.