Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revert back to old phone number

nandan87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I am in urgent need of help. 

I changed my PM phone number yesterday to another PM number. However, I need to urgently revert back to my old phone number as all my google accounts, bank information is tagged to my old phone number 

Please help @Melinda_H 

11 REPLIES 11

@darlicious wrote:

@Meow 

At a absolute minimum numbers are held 30 days before being released into the available numbers pool. Usually it's a minimum of 60 to 90 days unless numbers in that area are in high demand.

This is very good to know. Do you know that from experience or PM published that somewhere?

And last 2 words - we do not know where OP resides. Maybe his number is already gone but it is definitely worth to talk with the agent.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

At a absolute minimum numbers are held 30 days before being released into the available numbers pool. Usually it's a minimum of 60 to 90 days unless numbers in that area are in high demand.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It will be tough but hopefully your old number did not get released to the available numbers pool.

I hope you will get your number back. Please let us know how it goes.

Hopefully the CS_Agent will get back to you soon. Normally about an hour…keep you eyes on the envelope icon.

nandan87

It's complicated. I have a Google pixel 6 which behaves awful with 2 step verification. So I am literally in a fix until my phone number is reversed

nandan87

Hello. I just raised a ticket. Hope it works. 

I regretted it the moment I changed. I was then unable to access my google accounts and unable to do any bank transfers. Arghhh

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nandan87 

Yes there will be a good chance that you will get your old number back.

You can also change your information on the Google setting and maybe you bank information if you have to.

@nandan87 wrote:

Yes, the old number was a PM number

HI @nandan87   Then you have a big chance you can get it back.  Let us know if they give you back the number

Curious, why you made the change and regret?

nandan87

@mimmo @hTideGnow 

Thanks for the response. I am not able to submit ticket as the message shows 'Error logging in' through the chat bot. I sent a private request to @CS_Agent 

Yes, the old number was a PM number

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @nandan87   was your number originally from PM or Koodo or Telus?  If it is, there is a chance since you just changed it yesterday.   (If it is from another provider, your number supposed to return it back but I am not sure how fast the number return back).

Please open a ticket with Chatbot at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nandan87  you would need to open a support ticket and see if the CS agents  can do that for you.  Open as ticket by using the chat bot bubble on bottom right of screen.

Need Help? Let's chat.