cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Promo Add On

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've had a 4GB data add on on my account for ages listed under "My Promotions". It was there when I last logged in 10 days ago or so. I logged in just now and it's completely disappeared! I have just over 1MB remaining in plan data so there's no reason for it to have been used up or at all.

When i last logged in I noticed then that there had been 0.1% used of the 4GB when any overage should have used the remaining 1GB add on (83% used) that is also on the account.

Has anyone noticed a "My Promotions" add on has suddenly disappeared?

Or if you do have an older "My Promotions" add on maybe you should log in and check that it's still there?

BTW...I have not changed plans, using incognito mode, cleared my browser cache and I am already awaiting a reply from customer support on other issues so I will address it then. Thanks.

26 REPLIES 26

RavingRaven

Update:

After some back and forth with the escalations department they have agreed to restore the 4GB add on to my account. While I am satisfied with the eventual outcome it saddens me that both the regular customer support agent and the manager from the escalations department both claimed "misconceptions" regarding the the bonus data add on.

I don't know if after their "investigation" they were both given an edict to claim it had expired or if they are that misinformed in regards to how data add ons worked before the introduction of eversafe* but it does not bode well for customers who simply take Public Mobile employees at their word. Trust is completely broken at Public Mobile.

Lessons learned:

• Take screenshots of your account monthly if you have add ons or promotions in case they disappear.
  • Download your usage and payment history monthly.
  • Consult the community to confirm if information you have recieved from agents or managers is indeed correct.
  • If you do not agree with the information you have recieved from customer support agents escalate your support request.
  • Informing customer support you intend to file a CCTS complaint if your issue isn't resolved satisfactorily will immediately escalate it to the escalations department.
  • Repeat your intention to file a CCTS complaint if you disagree with the escalations department response to see if that produces a satisfactory resolution (in most cases if you are right Public Mobile will concede.)
  • If no resolution is offered that is acceptable proceed with filing a CCTS complaint however in nearly all cases complaints filed against Public Mobile with the CCTS are ruled in favour of the provider or are settled prior to a determination. Sometimes though it's the principle of the matter so be prepared to follow through to the end if you feel strongly about the matter so at least you have stood up and been counted.

* Do we need B.E.=Before Eversafe and A.E.=After Eversafe? Lol...🤭

RavingRaven

@golfball 

No it's not recurring monthly bonus data. It's a one time bonus data add on. While I have changed plans I did so well over a year ago

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If that 4GB bonus works like the 2GB bonus mentioned in this post then suspending your account or changing plans would get it removed. Have you changed plans lately? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-of-monthly-bonus-data-fo...

"Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed."

Data add-ons are pretty meaningless these days once big gig plans were offered.  Touching the international calling add-ons is an act of aggression requiring a measured response.

RavingRaven

@will13am 

Exactly. How would you know to use your add on before it expires if it doesn't tell you anything?

Could it be that non expiring add-ons are being fitted with expiry dates?  In any event expiry dates regardless of how it's set should be displayed clearly.

RavingRaven

@will13am 

I don't remember how as I had my account suspended most of the time because I needed reliable US roaming for work so I had to go back to Bell until I had take early retirement this year.

DeelightfulDee3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've never heard of this before either but I've always used up my data add ons. I still have the holiday long distance ones though. I wonder if they can expire?

@RavingRaven , how was this data add-on earned?  I have not seen a 4GB data bonus before.  

EB0

@RavingRaven 

Most of the add-on before 2023 has no expiry data, it’s weird, even if it has expiry data, it should be displayed on your account.

You can give support another try, may someone can fix it for you , before filling complain 

RavingRaven

@eddieO @Handy1 

It's certainly not the response I was expecting. Further evidence that Public Mobile is not willing to honour its commitments and erodes any trust I had left with them.

@RavingRaven  I have not encountered this situation before . It does seem rather strange . If it was expiring  data it should say so I would think . Either way thanks for sharing and best of luck I hope they reverse this decision for you seems only right 

eddieO

@RavingRaven, this is the first I'm hearing of this too, if there is no expiry date indicated that does not sound fair. So the escalation manager was unwilling to acknowledge the poor communication or do anything about it out of good will?

RavingRaven

Hello Community,

I escalated my issue with my 4GB bonus data add on disappearing from my account because I did not accept the agents answer that it "expired" on June 6th. The escalations department  manager responded with:

Hello.

Xxxxxxxxx here, Manager within Public Mobile Escalation Team.

1. That addon had an expiry date, sorry it was not displayed on your end.

I recieved the bonus add on between October 13th 2022 and November 12th 2022. Assuming I recieved it on November 6th 2022 that would have given it an 18 month expiry date. I have never heard of bonus data add ons expiring previous to the introduction of eversafe and certainly not ones that do not display an expiry date. Has anyone else run into this?

Here's the promotion displayed originally in November 2022:

Screenshot_20240713_200155_Photos~2.jpg

 I have disputed the manager's response and I will be filing a CCTS complaint if they do not reverse their "decision" that my add on had a "non-displayed expiry date". Be forewarned you could also have add ons in your account that have "non-displayed expiry dates".

@RavingRaven wrote:

@will13am 

Seeing as I haven't really used any add on data (other than 0.1%) in over a year 12×$4=$48. It all adds up to something eventually. If I ever need more plan data I will reconsider and check out the options available to me at that time.

But I don't disagree that if I needed it asking for the $19/3GB plan in exchange for the loss of the data add on would be a good option for resolution as it is a good deal plan wise.

Your bookkeeping could be off by 4GB.  🤣

EB0

$19/3GB plan is available for new customers, existing customers have access to $19/1GB plan.

if you don’t need more data, keep holding your $15 plan as it’s no longer available.

RavingRaven

@will13am 

Seeing as I haven't really used any add on data (other than 0.1%) in over a year 12×$4=$48. It all adds up to something eventually. If I ever need more plan data I will reconsider and check out the options available to me at that time.

But I don't disagree that if I needed it asking for the $19/3GB plan in exchange for the loss of the data add on would be a good option for resolution as it is a good deal plan wise.

@RavingRaven wrote:

@will13am 

Now that I've retired I'm on wifi most of the time so I rarely go over the 250mb of plan data now so paying more for data I likely won't use in exchange for a 4GB data add on that does not expire that's there if I ever need it isn't much of a fair exchange.

If they can't replace it I might consider a $60 credit the value of the data but even that short changes me since I cannot purchase non expiring data and for the most part would then waste most of a data add on if I did need to purchase it.

A catch-22 that only benefits Public Mobile despite it being their error.

That 4GB data isn't going to last forever anyway.  These days $4 doesn't buy a shrinkflated box of cereal/cookies.  I think the $19/3GB plan is a pretty good swap.  

RavingRaven

@will13am 

Now that I've retired I'm on wifi most of the time so I rarely go over the 250mb of plan data now so paying more for data I likely won't use in exchange for a 4GB data add on that does not expire that's there if I ever need it isn't much of a fair exchange.

If they can't replace it I might consider a $60 credit the value of the data but even that short changes me since I cannot purchase non expiring data and for the most part would then waste most of a data add on if I did need to purchase it.

A catch-22 that only benefits Public Mobile despite it being their error.

@RavingRaven wrote:

@will13am 

That's the plan. But whether they can restore a promotional data add on that does not expire is another question.

I suppose non expiring data add-ons could be tough to issue now that they are no longer in circulation.  I had one of these add-ons interfere with the included data that came with the plan causing the plan to come with no data.  An agent removed the offending add-on and did not offer to replace it, not that it mattered to me.  I think access to the $19/3GB plan would be a fair exchange.  

hi  @RavingRaven the app in fact is quick good.  Much quicker to load and I find the "trusted device" works better on the app

RavingRaven

@will13am 

That's the plan. But whether they can restore a promotional data add on that does not expire is another question.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RavingRaven , the only rug pull on data add-ons is for plan downgrades that cause the bonus data associated with the reward program change to drop off.  It is strange that add-on data would be consumed prior to included data being used up first.  If you have screen caps of your account, maybe ask support to look into the lost add-on and have them restore it.  

RavingRaven

@hTideGnow 

Quite sure. I use my data warning and limiter which is why I have just over 1MB of plan data left. I'm assuming that the reason 0.1% of the promotional 4GB was used us from the previous month of service and my data limiter wasn't exactly synced to my renewal time. Since my other data add on was one I redeemed points for before I recieved the promotional 4GB that the promotional data must override the 1GB to be used first.

I don't like the app so I haven't tried logging in that way to check but regardless of layout it shouldn't matter where you log in the information provided in your self serve account should be the same.

funpig1

@RavingRaven  my old promo data add-ons are still there.  Good luck.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @RavingRaven how you got that 4GB data??

and check the App and check usage breakdown on the app and see if it is there

And you sure you didn't use it up??

Need Help? Let's chat.