cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum plan $$ ?

Jacob_Brooks
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not long ago, PM's lowest plan was $ 15 (only for new clients, of course).

Looks like the cheapest PM plan is now $19 or $20, depending on province.

Anyone have insight on whether PM has to comply with CRTC-mandated plans (low cost) ?

See https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/occa.htm

The "Prepaid occasional-use plan" mentions "Maximum $100/year".

$100 / 12 months = 8.33, so PM plans are above this maximum.

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Andy85 

what could be really shocking, if PM decides to increase the price of the existing $15 plan similar to what happened with $10 plan before. I’m not saying it’s going to happen, but everything is possible.

Andy85

I won't lie, PM's decision to remove the $15 plan is a little shocking. Hopefully they bring it back for people who only use cellular service occasionally. I know a lot of older individuals who use cellphones for "emergency purposes".  The $15 plan is targeted towards them.

EB0

@Jacob_Brooks 

PM and Koodo are part of Telus,  Telus need to comply with CRTC, Telus has both $100 yearly plan, $15 plan, Koodo had $15 plan only, so PM doesn’t need to comply with CRTC

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Jacob_Brooks 

PM no longer offers the $15 plan.  If you want cheaper plan, you might have to look elsewhere

Meow
Mayor / Maire

This is a VERY good question I was wondering about.

Most low cost providers still do have $15 plans. For some reason PM deleted that plan for new and existing customers.

You could open a ticket and ask agent why is this happening and why PM does not follow CRTC.
If you find a customer service number from CRTC you can discuss this issue with them, too.

slusagm

are you new subscriber or existing?

yes, for new subscribers, $19 and $20 are the cheapest.  
For existing, you have to login and check

for CRTC requirement, PM is not part of that , it is said clearly there:  "We are therefore expecting Bell, Rogers, Telus and SaskTel ".  I think Telus has enough lawyers to check and confirm

Need Help? Let's chat.