cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many old Community accounts linked to phone numbers.

El_Gato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM plan account can be easily suspended and eventually after 90 days of inactivity are closed and may not be reactivated (refer to instructions below). However the phone numbers  still seem to be attached to the closed accounts. For security and other reasons when an account is no longer active shouldn't  the attached community account be closed?

Is there a way to close / delete one's community account?

Login to My Account, go to Payment page, click Manage Subscription, then turn off the Subscribed toggle. To close the account go to subscription and add-on's, manage subscription, and then turn off auto pay. This can also be done with 611 if you know your account pin.

12 REPLIES 12

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Old7 

this is perfectly normal, people who ported out can still use the login for Community , just cannot login for My Account. 

People who left can still share their wisdom and help others 

?

Old7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ya sure - you need my wisdom?  Have also noticed that many of your wise posts just direct to contact CS agents.  Having so many community accounts floating around gives a false impression of number of accounts. 

Since I don't have a PM account I won't post again but just wanted to point out that community accounts are in fact never deleted .  I wonder how many accounts you have to play around - how many? 

Notice that my community account name is Old 7 --- I went through frustrations trying to adapt to this ever safe fiasco that constantly asked that I create a new community account - Do a check if you will and you will find Old 2, Old 3, Old 4, Old 5, Old,6 as well as this Old 7.  And all the help I got was being accused of creating multiple accounts . So glad I ported out.

WOW ---- How stupid! I just earned a badge! 

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @El_Gato 

from what we know, community account cannot be closed.  It can become Annonymous with the help of support agent, but whatever on the account will still be on the community forum here

@hTideGnow , Correct, the CS_Agents can change the username to Anonymous but the community posts remain. They will not delete the community account. The posts that the person has posted in the community forum will only be deleted by a CS-Agent on special circumstances where the person has posted abuse/violation of the terms.

Oracles can not delete posts but can remove them to the Oracle archive at their discretion. (Hoping I worded that correctly)

HI @Old7 

this is perfectly normal, people who ported out can still use the login for Community , just cannot login for My Account. 

People who left can still share their wisdom and help others 

Old7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just remembered a very old account that went very sideways when ever safe was introduced -   This  forced me to start different community accounts to the point where I got so frustrated that I ported out to Virgin. At the time I had asked a     for help but she would not or could not.

As @El_Gato says - my community account is also still active - however my phone number is left blank. Maybe because I ported the number out. 

El_Gato

@Meow wrote:

You will have to open a Ticket and ask agent. If you get ANY answer please post it here so we all know.
There were few posts in the past people asking to close Community account but nobody provided definitive answer.

Received a private message that in part explains as follows .

The eversafe id with all of its contact information stays. The service account is closed. You can start a new service account using the old eversafe id. The community account stays.
The Oracles, or I guess the company can as well, do move posts out of the open forum for whatever arbitrary reason they like.

HI @El_Gato 

interesting for me too, i have never seen or heard this problem

as you know we are just community members here, with account problem like this, you need to ask support agent to check and sort it out

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@El_Gato  That’s interesting for sure I haven’t come across such a situation before . Guess you could call the old phone number and see if someone answers it to see if it has infact been re assigned just for curiosity 

El_Gato

I understand and agree with the help forum posts but I stumbled on one of my very old accounts that I had just die a natural death many months ago and it's ever safe still showed the phone number attached. I did promptly alter the details by removing  the phone number and altering the name, password etc. - Now I wonder if this old phone number may have been assigned to a new user and hope that I didn't cause any problems.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @El_Gato 

from what we know, community account cannot be closed.  It can become Annonymous with the help of support agent, but whatever on the account will still be on the community forum here

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@El_Gato  Good question , I don’t think you can close the old community account though as it’s has participated in help articles and some still come to search for answers and those old reply’s stick around to help others with questions . Not only that but some folks have community account and don’t have PM cell plan . To inquire about public mobile and get a feel for if they even want to join . I always thought that was funny it was allowed I just always figured you would need PM account to have a community account but from what I’ve learned that’s not the case and anyone can create a community account and participate . But without a PM cell account those folks wouldn’t be able to  receive community give back points so seems like a moot point 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You will have to open a Ticket and ask agent. If you get ANY answer please post it here so we all know.
There were few posts in the past people asking to close Community account but nobody provided definitive answer.

Need Help? Let's chat.