cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my number, purchased new SIM trying to get my old number back

driverus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, is there a chance I can get help with restoring my old number in case it was not taken by someone else? I am trying to register my new SIM card and I only see 6 options with new numbers. I am sure there are more than 6 available options and decided to check here.

16 REPLIES 16

@driverus    You'll need to contact customer support for assistance in getting that number which would only be possible if it was originally issued by PM, Koodo or Telus.

Here's a couple of links for support, first try the chatbot and submit a ticket here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Or send a private message to CS_Agent here (if unable to submit a ticket):  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

driverus

Hey BeachNBeer, don't know if it is the second good news but I called Fido and their rep said they don't have 647 (Toronto) numbers ending in 7282 available. Could this mean that Public Mobile still has access to this number and the number did not leave PM domain as yet?

I do have a new SIM card delivered and have SIM card numbers ready in case I can have this number returned .

driverus

Hey Softech,

I called FIDO right now and they confirmed they do not have Toronto (647) number ending in 7282. Could this mean my old number is still with PM?

driverus

Hey Softech,

I called FIDO right now and they confirmed they do not have Toronto (647) number ending in 7282. Could this mean my old number is still with PM?

driverus

Hey BeachNBeer, don't know if it is the second good news but I called Fido and their rep said they don't have 647 (Toronto) numbers ending in 7282 available. Could this mean that Public Mobile still has access to this number and the number did not leave PM domain as yet?

I do have a new SIM card delivered and have SIM card numbers ready in case I can have this number returned .

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@driverus Well here is some good news for you. I just called the number you posted and got a message "This number is not in service". 

So no one has taken it yet. If it's a Fido number try to get it back from them. You would have to open an account with them to get it. I think Fido's cheapest pay as you go plan is $24 ..then you could get your number back l. Use that plan for the month and just before.its up port it to Public Mobile.

@driverus   you said it was within 120 days.  Can you confirm your credit card when was the EXACT day you pay for your PM service?  If you have the date we can try to find out if the account was permanently closed or not

As of now March 31,   If your last payment date was December 1, the cycle end date will be Dec 30 and 90 days after will be March 31.  So, if you pay Dec 1, last day to reactivate the plan is March 31.  It's ok if your last  payment date was AFTER Dec 1.  If it was before , then sorry, your account would have been closed already and the number would have returned to the original provider, Fido.

BeachNBeer

@driverus call the number. Does anyone answer or does it say not in service? If it's Fido like @softech said (as I haven't checked) you'd likely have to try to get the number back from them by opening an account with them then port the number over to PM if you can get it back. Just my thoughts maybe there is another way 🤷🏻‍♂️

@driverus   647-939-xxxx is a FIDO number

you ported the number into PM from Fido before?

You will have to check with Fido to see if anyway they can arrange to assign the number to you if you activate with them (however, the chance is slim to try to get specific number these days)

driverus

Yes it was unpaid for 90 days

driverus

Any chance we can look my old number up to see if it is still in the Telus family domain? It is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks

driverus

Thanks for your advice! My account was within 120 days I believe. How do I contact PM Support to check if it is possible to get my old number back? My old number was xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx linked to this email address. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If your PM has been closed you will have to open new one. You should get new account in order, get new SIM, activate, etc. get any number. After service is in full order and everything works as expected SMS/calls/Internet you could proceed looking for your old number (if it is from Telus family) as per @softech advise.

Good luck and let us know if you were able to get it back so we know our advises work!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@driverus   how long you have not use the service with PM?    your old account with the old service was already closed?   your last payment on your old service was over 120 days ago?

if it is within 120 days, your old account would still be here and you can login and request Change SIM card

But if it is over 120 days, you will have to contact PM Support and see if they agree to assign you back the number after you activate.  But this can only be done if the numbers belongs to the Telus family.  If you ported you number from another providers, other than Telus or Koodo, into PM, then the number would have been returned back to the original provider and  PM won't be able to assign you back the number

BeachNBeer

@driverus Has your old account not been paid in 90 days?

BeachNBeer

Need Help? Let's chat.