cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Promotions While Changing Plan

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

On Sept 10, I was helping a family member, who had earlier earned rewards of $3 for loyalty, change her plan from $20 to $25. Before the final confirmation, PM flashed a message (see the bottom of the attached snapshot), "After changing your plan, you will lose your current promotion".

Unable to correctly interpret this warning, I recommended her to write to CS_Agent to seek clarification. She did, asking explicitly if her rewards would not be affected. The CS_Agent confirmed that the rewards would NOT be affected.

Suggestion to PM. Please consider amending the text of this warning to be explicitly clear. Something like, "After the change in your plan, you will not be able to reclaim your monthly promotion plan. However, your earned rewards will not be affected" will help avoid an extra support ticket. 

PM WARNING New Plan - 10Sep22.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

@sa7375 wrote:

@esjliv  Thanks, and I couldn't agree with you more.

While your suggestion is valid, shouldn't PM open up a separate channel, like @feedback or @comments, to encourage users to initiate such suggestions there!  Sending it through CS_Agent may or may not yield the desired results. Once again, the ball back with the PM to consider😊

PS. I have more suggestions for PM to consider, though not necessarily accept or implement. One is about long distance calling. Currently, I have the "International Long Distance Calling"  existing in my Add-ons, which costs five times more than the PM's rate for the US, yet I cannot call US from that pool unless I buy the USA Add-on. A call should be denied only if it's more expensive than one's pool of existing Add-on, not cheaper.  

This entire website can sometimes be seen as a place for Public Mobile to gather feedback.

As for the long distance add-ons, the change to more specific location-based add-ons was criticized by some members when introduced and the idea was presented for Public Mobile to change to some type of system that allowed for one single long distance add-on based on a credit/balance type system to be used for all valid calling destination. That concept, while I'm sure was discussed, was essentially rejected.

sa7375

@esjliv  Thanks, and I couldn't agree with you more.

While your suggestion is valid, shouldn't PM open up a separate channel, like @feedback or @comments, to encourage users to initiate such suggestions there!  Sending it through CS_Agent may or may not yield the desired results. Once again, the ball back with the PM to consider😊

PS. I have more suggestions for PM to consider, though not necessarily accept or implement. One is about long distance calling. Currently, I have the "International Long Distance Calling"  existing in my Add-ons, which costs five times more than the PM's rate for the US, yet I cannot call US from that pool unless I buy the USA Add-on. A call should be denied only if it's more expensive than one's pool of existing Add-on, not cheaper.  

@sa7375 wrote:

It's PM, and PM alone, who need to clarify and publish it clearly on their website. 

So true @sa7375.  If you have any reason to think you have been mislead with what is provided in your My Account or what is stated on Public Mobile sites, or even here in the community, share your grievance to a CSA through a ticket. 

If any chance of improvement, for some things like this, it would be a greater chance of correcting if more feedback is provided on a certain issue-IMO.

sa7375

Thank you for your responses -- each one of you who took the time to respond. Appreciated. 

Clarity at the cost of brevity is never the right discretion. Also, the replies at the Community Forum are not legally binding on PM: if anything, these are opinions in good faith. Rather than assume, seeking a clear interpretation of the rules from the CS_Agent, was thence the wiser option.

@Yummy said above, "Whatever you accumulated - loyalty, autopay, Christmas bonus, referral are associated with the account and you are free to change plan and you will not lose them." is the closest interpretation, and I wish PM had published this interpretation in the scary “Warning” thrown at the lady initiating her change of plan

It's PM, and PM alone, who need to clarify and publish it clearly on their website. 

@fujiyama    It would be nice, but unfortunately, PM has had misleading info/wording for many of their promotions for years and not paying attention to how they word information in general.  It's been pointed out numerous times by many of the regulars, but, most of time, it goes unheeded.  I don't think they care enough to be clear and concise in their wording, IMO.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr : True... how about “The following promotions associated with your current plan will be lost: <list of promos here>”

Should be easy for them to pull up that info from their database. But coding this in might break a lot of other stuff...🙊

@fujiyama   Except, even with promotional bonuses, it's very much seems to be a case of YMMV since there were different conditions attached to them at activation.  But definitely PM's wording could be cleaned up to not cause so much confusion.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree that the current wording will freak out a lot of people. Not many outside of regulars on here will (or care to) understand that “promotion” does not equal “rewards” or “points”. At least not until they go to change their plan 🤪

The wording could be changed to “Any promotional bonuses you have associated with your current plan will be lost”. That should take care of all ambiguity?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Your $20 plan hasn't been around for quite awhile so you likely don't have any "promotions" to worry about.

As long as you haven't opted out of the Rewards program in favor of the Points program...you shouldn't be affected.

As the others have suggested...Rewards and Promotions are 2 different things in PM world.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sa7375   Promotion are more those you got from activation, like the monthly 2GB extra.    Not sure if you have any promotion like that.    

But again, you loyalty rewards, Friends rewards, Community rewards are all rewards and not promotion, so they will stay

Check your My Account, if you anything under Promotions, those are the things that will be lost.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

The question has been asked many times here on the community forum @sa7375 .

So a detail of what stays (raf, loyalty, autopay, or whatever applicable, etc.) and what goes away (activation promo, etc.) would be added valuable and helpful information.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM's small print are sort of clear. They mention 'promotion' while you and other are concerned regarding Rewards.

Your rewards are associated with the account not plan! Whatever you accumulated - loyalty, autopay, Christmas bonus, referral are associated with the account and you are free to change plan and you will not lose them.

Promotions are usually something like '2GB for plan X for YY months' thus if you change plan X to plan Z you will loose those 2GB for YY month Unless small print allows plan upgrade without losing this promo.

Rewards and Promotions are not the same. Your loyalty, autopay, etc. is not promo!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.