cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward public mobile number to another number while traveling

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is there a way that I can forward calls to my public mobile number calls and texts to a separate number while I'm traveling to USA? I would buy the talk text and data plan from public mobile but I hear that it runs on 3G and 3G is unreliable in the USA as  most of the providers have shut 3G down

8 REPLIES 8

It's the forward all option. That will bypass voicemail. You could choose to forward unanswered or unreachable if you like.

Adding - sorry already said about text.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

A323F3BB-91A6-47AF-A3F9-F790871D0531.jpeg

EdN

OK thanks, does that replace my PM voicemail number or does it activate some forwarding function I didnt know about.  I will be purchasing some texting through Fongo.

Dial this - *21*+1your fongo number# . That sets your call forwarding all to your fongo number. Then leave the sim in Canada. Or don't let it see a US tower.

For text, you need an app on a phone with that sim and on and kept charged up and in Canada and forward to your Fongo number. Do you have the texting option on your Fongo account?

Adding - oh whoops! Sorry.

EdN

Ok I believe I will have to replace the voicemail number with my Fongo number.  Better write the voicemail number down. Using Android phone. 

@EdN wrote:

Thanks, I do have a Canadian number through Fongo that runs on data/wifi I was going to use.  It would be convenient to forward calls from PM to my Fongo number.  Do you know how to do that? 

This can be done from the phone app on your device.  There will be a settings menu there that has an option to forward all calls. The exact steps vary depending on the software of your device.

EdN

Thanks, I do have a Canadian number through Fongo that runs on data/wifi I was going to use.  It would be convenient to forward calls from PM to my Fongo number.  Do you know how to do that? 

@EdN wrote:

Is there a way that I can forward calls to my public mobile number calls and texts to a separate number while I'm traveling to USA? I would buy the talk text and data plan from public mobile but I hear that it runs on 3G and 3G is unreliable in the USA as  most of the providers have shut 3G down

Incoming phones calls can be forwarded to another Canadian phone number. This needs to be set up while you're still connected to the Public Mobile network.  Public Mobile does not offer any service to forward text messages.  Also, Public Mobile doesn't only run on a 3g. Public Mobile customers have access to both the HSPA and LTE networks.  As for while roaming in the U.S., roaming is available on 2g and LTE.

Need Help? Let's chat.