cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to Dominican Republic

Dolphin12
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is there a way to make calls in the D.R. with PM?

11 REPLIES 11

@Dolphin12 

Fongo is another app you can make free calling and texting outside North America.

Hi @Dolphin12 

Public Mobile only works in Canada and the United States (with the purchase of roaming add on). You can not use your Public Mobile in any other country. If you wish to use cellular services while you’re in another country, you can look at https://www.airalo.com/ for affordable data plans and then download an app like Fongo and pick a local number to where you currently live. They do however charge for texting. TextNow is free calling and texting. You can use both of these VOIP programs via WiFi or on a data only SIM card.

@Dolphin12 wrote:

@hairbag1 wow I didn't realize I could receive calls. That is great information thanks.

You can as long as you're in an area with wifi.

Other option is to use WhatsApp...using local wifi as well.

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you have access to wifi you could use WhatsApp ot text now to make calls or text. You could even use discord if you wanted. All for free

Dolphin12

@hairbag1 wow I didn't realize I could receive calls. That is great information thanks.

@Dolphin12 

download the free TextNow app and you select a free Cdn number so you can call/text for free using your local wifi in DR or separately purchased data too. Others will be able to call you as you'll have a Cdn number.

slusagm

no Wifi Calling for PM, use VoIP app instead

Dolphin12

@slusagm we usually do but it's good to have the option to use our phones if needed. Perhaps we will have to look at wifi calling to see if that's an option.

Dolphin12

That's too bad as it would be good to have more options.

slusagm

no roaming in  Dominican Republic.  Put your number asiide and enjoy the sunshine and beach 

sorry @Dolphin12 , PM has roaming in US only, not any other country, not DR

Need Help? Let's chat.