cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance to the USA

sbennett
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We recently signed up for the 30gig 5G plan. What are our options if we wish to make phone calls to the USA? There doesn't seem to be any costs for LD calls unless I am missing that. This would be for Canada to USA phone calls, so I don't think roaming is the answer. Looking forward to hearing from the community.

6 REPLIES 6

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

2023-05-24 22_46_45-Canada's First 5G Subscription Phone Service _ Public Mobile.png

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sbennett wrote:

We recently signed up for the 30gig 5G plan. What are our options if we wish to make phone calls to the USA? There doesn't seem to be any costs for LD calls unless I am missing that. This would be for Canada to USA phone calls, so I don't think roaming is the answer. Looking forward to hearing from the community.

There's a 1000 US minute long distance add-on that would need to be added for $15. Otherwise, the calls won't work on your current plan.

If you plan to regularly make calls to the U.S., it might be worth while to schedule a plan change to the $50 that includes calls to the U.S.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sbennett 

why pay, just use voip TextNow and make free calls to US

but if you like, you can also buy US Long distance call add-on from My Account

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I'm not sure about which plan you are on but if you plan to call the US often you may wish to consider changing to the Canada US plan which may even offer more data plus when roaming in the US your package follows you.

If you have a plan that isn't a Canada US plan the package is $15 for 1000 US calling minutes.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You would need the Canadian 1000 minute US LD add-on (not roaming).

Need Help? Let's chat.