cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance phone calls

renie7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have add-ons for US calling minutes - and have 1825 minutes left.  Today I tried to call a US number and it would not go through.  I got an error code 156P.  Tried calling numerous times and to more than one number but got the same error code.  Has anyone had this issue or can someone tell me what is happening.  My account is current, no outstanding balance but the calls wouldn't go through.  I did try doing a text to a US # and that one worked but it gives me an error message "your call did not go through.  Please try again.  156P, when I try to call a number.

14 REPLIES 14

renie7

It is not 559-726

It is 559-917  it is my own phone I was trying to call.  Have called this before with no problem.

renie7

No the actual # doesn't start with 726.   This one # is my own.  I have a US phone as well as my Cnd one.  Also my daughter is in CA and I call her as well so sure don't know what is going on.

@renie7 wrote:

Yes I could always call this number.  One number is my own - I have a US phone as well as my Canadian (Public) one.  Also I call my daughter who also has a number with same prefex. (559)

You didn't say if it's 559-726.  Those aren't supposed to work.  Public Mobile used to allow some unallowed long distance calls to go through but maybe they patched it.

renie7

Yes I could always call this number.  One number is my own - I have a US phone as well as my Canadian (Public) one.  Also I call my daughter who also has a number with same prefex. (559)

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Other prefixes running off the same Rate Centre could have similar issues, so I might assume..

@renie7 so this just stopped working, and you we're previously able to call this number using your Public Mobile line?

Those two 500 minute freebies also include several other countries but yes, also the US.
So it's 559, what about is it 559-726-####.

renie7

Yes rebooted.  When you say reset network settings - not sure what you mean

renie7

Yes 1 in front.  Rebooted phone -still can't get through.  Calling a CA # 559

renie7

Th number I call is a 559 #.  I have a US phone as well as my Canadian one with Public and have called before with no problem.  I did text the number and text went through.  My daughter has a 559 # as well and I have talked to her from my phone with public.  Just today I couldn't call and keep getting this 156P code

renie7

Everything else seems to be working fine.  I bought the original add-on of 1000 US minutes right after I signed on with Public, then for 2 years in a row they gave me a bonus 500 minutes each year.  So I still have 1825  US minutes on my account.  I actually just rebooted my phone as someone else suggested but I still cannot call to a US #.  And it is a number I call fairly often.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are all services working normally otherwise? Click on any little spinner refresh icons lower down to make sure you're seeing current info. Had you bought this add-on a couple times?

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In the 'Offer Details' it says this for every single Plan. Not sure if you can call these numbers with an add on, but I'd assume not. 

Is the number your trying to call like one from below that may not be supported?

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726. Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

Calls to 411, 511, Reedly, California (559-726-XXXX), Carroll, Iowa (712-775-XXXX), Lake Park, Iowa (712-432-XXXX), Charles City, lowa (641-552-XXXX), Pine Ridge, South Dakota (605-562-XXXX), Redfield,South Dakota (605-475-XXXX), and Fort Thompsons, South Dakota (605-477-XXXX) are not included.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@renie7 

I guess you put with a 1 in front of the 10 digits numbers?

For a quick workaround, download VoIP app TextNow to make free calls to US using the app

For fix, try to reboot and  click Reset All networks and see if it helps

and what area code you are trying to call?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried rebooting your phone? Maybe try resetting your network settings?

Need Help? Let's chat.