cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Community.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So I made this Community Account and EverSafe ID before signing up for an actual Subscription. 

Once I make my Account full and Activate a Plan, will this Community automatically be linked to my new Subscription account? 

I just want to make sure ill still earn rewards for helping the community, even if i had my community account before my plan. 

46 REPLIES 46

@Priority wrote:

I messaged the Oracles as well, they all looked into it and didn't see any reason as to why everything was removed at the time.

@Priority, I said I hadn't heard anything or from other Oracles as to why that may have happened.  Hearing the full story @DennyCrane could be providing the correct answer.  We don't hear about actions that CSA's take

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Priority

I messaged the Oracles as well, they all looked into it and didn't see any reason as to why everything was removed at the time.

If you posted a way to circumvent the system in order to obtain a region specific plan outside of that region, then I'm not surprised your account got banned. This site, unlike third party forums, is hosted by the company whom you're advising how to rip off. The fact that the plan later became available elsewhere is irrelevant (and not all the plans are anyway).

And I highly doubt that was automated spam filtering; that was forum staff manually shutting you down for breaking the rules. It's unfortunate they didn't just delete the post and give you a warning (or at the very least provide you with an explanation), but it's within their rights to do as they please on their site. There are many forums out there where we can post how to circumvent and game systems of other companies. 

@Priority , it is good of you to speak up. I wish you could have fought & won to use your other Community username but this one suits you. It’s more yours 🙂

I miss those old posts!

Priority

Confession + Story Time - This is my own story, and my own Primary Account with Public Mobile for context. 

After the EverSafe ID update, I was one of the people troubled in accessing The Community with my old Username, since I couldn't sign in with Username or Password anymore, it forced me to make a new ID thorough my EverSafe which I did. I contacted Support and after about a week they we're able to restore my original Community ID and attach it to my EverSafe ID finally giving me my main ID on The Community. 

After this I began using The Community intensively to help fellow users of Public solve their issues, I began building my stats and worked all the way up to 'Model Citizen' when I ran into my second issue, some of my posts were triggering the Spam Filter, when I asked about it I was told to reword/or screenshot the post and post the screenshot(as the spam filter doesn't have text extraction.) In a new post again, so I did that however after 3 attempts my whole account was almost entirely wiped out.. for absolutely no reason at all! I lost all the Solutions I'd recieved + half of my recieved bravos.. I was not able to post or reply from my Community account at all, only Bravo and Private Messages we're working. After tons of back and forth with support for a few days, my situation was escalated and Jade messaged me regarding it, one week after everything was getting worked on and all my posts were restored.. however all my Received Solutions and half my Received Bravos are still missing, I reached back out and they could never get those back for me.. 

After a while, I bucked up and decided to start rebuilding my Solutions + Bravos again, a few weeks went by and the same thing happened again when I seen the $50 • 40GB (Quebec Only - at the time.), I was intrigued and wanted a US Plan, I live in Manitoba so I couldn't get it.. however I found a way to get it, jumping through a few hoops in the Activation Process worked to get this US Plan anywhere in Canada, I began sharing with The Community how to get this Quebec Plan in any other Province and BOOM, my account was wiped again presumably by the Spam Filter, with me also not being able to Post or Reply to anything again, it was the last situation all over again. This time it has been weeks of back and forth with CSA, and nothing has been restored or even merely worked on. I've reached out to support multiple times and they never seem to have an update on it.. they close my ticket every 24hours, yet they haven't even solved my issue!!

I was essentially wiped for sharing with people how to get something that is now available Canada-Wide anyway, I'm still suffering the consequences of an automated system and it doesn't seem fair. 

It's annoying, and as a result of needing answers I had to make this new Priority Community Account to continue getting the Support I need from the helpful neighbors in The Community, I give up on the old one and will continue here.. I tried to wait as long as I could to get my other account back but it's been taking far to long. 

I never really broke any rules, there just isn't anyone on the Support Team working hard enough to make my other Community Account actually usable again, and they keep closing my ticket which isn't helping the matter.. I miss my old account, it had so much useful information in the replies of my posts. Shame it's all gone, and I have to ask alot of questions again for the things I forgot and used to be able to look back on. 

I had no other options but to start fresh here, and this Priority account doesn't have an Active Subscription, only a Community Account tied to the EverSafe ID. 

I've remained anonymous as much as I can up until this post to prevent being caught onto, but today I'm fed up and I see a few others with similar issues so I needed to make a post. 

Regarding this whole situation and everything you've just read, can you guess my old Community ID? For some of you this will be a very easy answer. 😄

SmartSelect_20230716_174619_Samsung Internet.jpg

Priority

It should come through as long as you still have that number active with another provider, no?

@Priority but I guess main issue is old email login, the system will try to send 2FA to the old phone number 

Priority

I may have a solution for those who can't activate on an Email you've used before, try signing in and seeing if bring your directly to Activation Page. 

I'll be able to test it in the coming weeks to find out if the old deactivated accounts are still there just uncompleted in the Activation Process?

PaulaRu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nope, everything checks out. I was thinking it was a case of the wheels spinning but not getting anywhere sorta deal - especially doing this back and forth email. I had a paper weight of a phone for the last 5 months due to poor support from my last carrier so very happy with PM came through on this.

@PaulaRu 

I'm happy to hear that. 

@Bagel08 

Keep the faith and concede a little....however if you just want a refund and walk away then a CCTS complaint is your best bet or a chargeback but that means walk away forever and ever.

PaulaRu

Indeed, support team was able to solve the issue and followed up with a phone call to confirm. Was frustrated with them thinking this was a repeat that I had experienced with Bell -Virgin Mobile (My main reason for leaving). I went 5 months with on and off service and they claimed they were looking into it. 

@Bagel08 PM is a prepaid provider and won't refund

However, from what you described, it is just an activation issue and cam be resolved.  Please reply support and the activation should be able to complete with their help within a day

Bagel08

RIght, so I said to them just issue a refund and close this account. Problem would be solved then and they wont do that.

@Bagel08 

Sorry I forgot you had the issue first and I don't disagree that customer support can do a much better job at resolving issues quickly by thinking on their feet. Unfortunately whatever carrots are offered by their employment contracts off-shore do not encourage this behavior so you as the customer have to learn the key words or in this case capital letters to expediate your support request past the run around merry go round and straight to the employees that for the most part live and work here and are directly employed by telus.

Bagel08

It makes no sense at this point. I should have just registered a new account and had a refund issued for this.

Priority

What if I still have access to the Number that was previously on the account as well, what if it's the same number I'd be porting in again.. would I be able to use 2FA than?

@PaulaRu  you need to continue working to support and get the issue resolved.  If you don't think the agent understand it clearly, ask them to escalate. 

@PaulaRu 

Aha I see the issue or rather 2 issues....the initial one of the authentication issue which I have run into a similar situation of being unable to authenticate with the secondary 2FA once you create and log into your eversafe/self serve account. This is a problem pm/eversafe/telus needs to overcome but have yet to come up with a solution.

This has created the second issue making the first level support staff understand that the issue created is not your problem but theirs....or in particular pm's. To resolve the your issue created by their problem with your innocent mistake (using a previous pm account email) is twofold.

The easy solution is having pm cancel the account and issue a refund/credit which you use to repurchase an e-sim (free) and reactivate a new account using a new email or at least one never used on an account with pm. Unfortunately getting the CSA' s you've been dealing with to understand this concept has been a frustrating one...

The hard part is getting your support request escalated to a supervisor or if needed a manager with the ability to authorize a refund so that you can just start agaiń. Sometimes you will get a CSA who thinks outside the box that takes the initiative and approaches their supervisor with the dilemma. However unless that happens you just start getting the runaround.

Respond to the last message sent to you and explain the issue again and your proposed resolution ( similar to one the one I mentioned above?) Then politely ask that they escalate the issue to the appropriate pm employee or you will seek resolution first thing Monday morning by filing a complaint with the C C T S.

The use of those last 4 capital letters automatically requires the CSA to escalate your support request to a supervisor or escalations department manager (as pm likes to avoid these kind of complaints). You will recieve the standard response that they will be in touch within 48 hours. Seeing as it's Sunday expect a reply from them by Wednesday morning at the latest. If it can be handled by a supervisor then it could be the same day (later today). Good Luck.

PaulaRu

I spoke with them, they will not offer a refund in this situation. Been with PM for 5 years and just wanted to set up a second account - service is lackluster.

PaulaRu

!

PaulaRu

I have recieved replies but as mentioned support is not understanding my issue. They are thinking the phone E-SIM card did not activate properly  (Which is true) but they aren't looking at the reason why.

@PaulaRu 

Follow @softech  's advice and check your "sent" box first for your original support request and send a follow up (reply) to that message. Then if you don't recieve a reply in the next 4 hours send a whole new message via the link he supplied earlier in this thread and you should get a reply within an hour or two.

PaulaRu

PM reached out to me and got the phone activated.

@PaulaRu 

Be mindful that disputing a charge with pm will cause a whole host of problems with your pm service or future services. This is a last ditch effort to recieve back monies paid and you have no intention of ever using pm services again.

Work with customer support to get your issue fixed. You can then ask for compensation for any missed or unusable services.

GregStarla

Yes, you can go that route of opening a dispute charge with your credit card provider. 

PaulaRu

I mean yeah, its that or the bank disputes the charge and I wont pay it either way. I'm not paying for a service that I did not recieve ha.

PaulaRu

Messaged them 2 days ago, no response so I opened a ticket and I'm getting generic repsonses. And in all fairness for support because higher ups try to penny push that PM doesnt offer live chat support it's hard to properly communicate with support.

GregStarla

PaulaRu , if it helps any, I was double charged for my new account activation. I reached out to Customer Service via private message and after 3 weeks it was resolved and I got a refund. Hold in there. 

Need Help? Let's chat.