cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE on can't search or connect

Shanedix1313
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone is a Samsung A70. LTE is on, I have bars and appear to be connected. If I search for anything with LTE on (wifi off) a page will attempt to load. I went as far as retesting my phone and still no change. I even tried different search engines, no change. I have no change in my location or have not installed any new apps on my phone to see if this would solve the issue. I even tried uninstalling all apps (option apps) before I reset the phone. No change.

Please help 

6 REPLIES 6

@Shanedix1313 wrote:

My phone is a Samsung A70. LTE is on, I have bars and appear to be connected. If I search for anything with LTE on (wifi off) a page will attempt to load. I went as far as retesting my phone and still no change. I even tried different search engines, no change. I have no change in my location or have not installed any new apps on my phone to see if this would solve the issue. I even tried uninstalling all apps (option apps) before I reset the phone. No change.

Please help 

Is this a new phone or otherwise using this device at Public Mobile for the first time?  It's possible that the APN settings aren't set correctly. Please compare your device's settings to those listed here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartphone...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Please only entertain a factory reset as a total last resort. It's a giant hassle to recover from. I would not want to do it again. I agree that you're either out of data or your phone has a limiter set. Maybe possibly the suggestion of your browser app being blocked. Did you get any text from 611 telling you your data is getting low? ie. 75% and 95%?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Shanedix1313 

call *611 press 3 and you need your 4 digit PIN to check data usage any you have left. or you use all.and if you like to purchase Add-ons or wait for next cycle to renewal data.

can you tried turn off device take out SIM card and insert in other device check is works.

Edit: or buck up your photos/videos/contacts and do Hard Reset

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Shanedix1313 , are you saying you cannot get mobile data to work while having an LTE connection?  That seems rather strange.  The only thing that comes to mind is running out of data or phone has data usage limit set and that has been reached.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Shanedix1313   is voice working?

did you login to My Account and check if you have any usage left?  Use Incognito mode to login My Account for more updated usage 

Also, you have try to access mobile data with some other app?  Mail, Spotify, youtube etc?  Or you just have problem with Search engine?

You have another phone to test your PM sim?

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shanedix1313 hi did you by chance run out of data? 

Need Help? Let's chat.