cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Speeds 7 mbps ??

Pbubbs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I used to get 25 mbps 2 years ago with Telus in this area, I would have assumed it to only have been better since then, and this is 5G 50gb plan.

Im disappointed and would love to cancel and get refunded but nose in stock for 90 days. It especially sucks because I use the plan for my household hotspot to other devices goes all my internet needs.

12 REPLIES 12

All the main LTE bands are there. We would need to see your signal statistics to understand the situation better.

Pbubbs

See my other comment,  what do you Think?

Pbubbs

Thanks for that, looks like my closest tower is 10km away and it has this Telus (700MHz, 850MHz, 1900MHz, 2100MHz, 2600MHz).

Not sure if 10 km distance will affect speeds, area is flat so same elevation and no mountains in between.

the good news is it only serves no more than 1000 people, so it should be pretty good.

I didn't say that.

Additional capacity needs to be planned and budgeted for. Your tower could be between upgrade cycles.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Circus I had my settings set to auto connect to LTE/3G/2G and when I changed it to auto connect to 5G/LTE/3G I noticed a difference.

Pbubbs

So as time goes by one should expect things to get worse instead of advancing? 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Pbubbs 

5G Network especially in rural areas can be hit and miss.  You can check the nearest cell tower to your area. 

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

mojorising

I'm  not familiar with iPhone. When I upgraded to 4G a few weeks back I was averaging speeds of 35-55 mps. I posted a message on here and someone suggested I chang my network settings, and after I did that I'm getting an average of 80-100 mps so it worked tor me

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

2 years is a long time. Usage on the network increases over time and average speeds will decrease as a result, unless additional capacity is added.

Pbubbs

Thanks, but I don’t think that’s the issue. I live quite rural so I only have LTE coverage at my house, but that should still get me 25mbps like it did with Telus 2 years ago using LTE. My iPhone settings are different anyways, and my phone is only 4G.

Pbubbs

What’s everyone’s LTE speeds? Just wondering if this is normal and why it’s so low

mojorising

Try going into your mobile network settings and select to automatically connect to the 5G network and sees if that improves you speed.

Screenshot_20231001_085742_Call settings.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.