cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got a tornado warning on my Telus phone but not Public Mobile phone

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Apparently, Environment Canada thinks there's going to be a tornado in Winnipeg. LMAO. 

The funny part is I just talked to a friend and she said people's phones went off 30-45 minutes ago while she was at the store yet mine just went off a minute ago. The other funny part is I didn't get anything from Public Mobile.

Guess PM doesn't care about me that much. 😞 

12 REPLIES 12

sskl0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm bringing up this topic again, because the same thing happened in the GTA yesterday. All my friends who were with Rogers and Telus received a tornado warning, while I did not (as I am with Public Mobile). So far, I can tell that we received Amber Alerts fine, but not weather alerts from Environmental Canada. Does this service not fall under "provision of emergency services on a mandatory basis"?

No, I'm in bed. However, I had tacos for lunch and it smells like a bomb went off under the covers. 😞 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Chalupa_Batman 

Are you in your bunker?

@DennyCrane wrote:

I also have a Rogers phone for work, and I always get Amber Alerts on my PM phone at the exact same time as my Rogers phone.

Me, too.  I have Fido and PM, both alert at the same time. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Chalupa_Batman  I noticed this happened to me during the NS wildfires my Telus line got the emergency warnings  while PM line did not . I switched it to LTE and rebooted the phone and the alerts started going off immediately 

I also have a Rogers phone for work, and I always get Amber Alerts on my PM phone at the exact same time as my Rogers phone.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Chalupa_Batman 

I'm convinced PM notices of such are delayed.

I carry both a personal (PM) and work (Bell) phone.   The Bell phone ALWAYS issues such notices/warnings well before the PM device receives it.

weird, wifi shouldn't matter...

It's on LTE BUT it was on WiFi... not sure if that would matter?

Nice. Mine said tornado though. Fingers crossed!!  

But have to wonder why only my Telus phone and not PM?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Chalupa_Batman was it those alert thing? Do you have LTE enabled? Those alert only works LTE or 5G, not 3G

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Chalupa_Batman 

Environment Canada says to be warned as T-storms and high winds expected in and around the 'peg.

Need Help? Let's chat.