cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

Nick_888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My payments have increased with the same Subscriptions , could I get an clarification on my bill.

On my  mobile there is a Data warning message. I currently have 40GB my data shows 2GB the limit. I need this to be corrected.

6 REPLIES 6

Nick_888

My Samsung does not give me directions to increase data limit.

Nick_888

Thanks for the clarifications and updates!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nick_888 , as already mentioned your monthly costs went up due to forced migration to the points reward program.  Depending on your rate plan there is opportunity to recover the price increase by changing to a better rate plan.  Right now, I think the $34 plan offers the best price point.  I switched to the $34 CAN-US plan, neutralizing 100% of the losses due to rewards program change via lower priced plan.  When life serves up lemons, make lemonade.  😁

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans?network=ALL

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Nick_888 

you were wondering where the autopay/loyalty discount/friend rewards gone?   PM has ended that old system and moved everyone to the new Public Points!!

So, now you have to pay full price first and PM will give you back points after.  Instead of loyalty rewards monthly, you get 10 points per year on your anniversary date with Public Mobile.  Instead of $2 autopay discount, you get 5% of your plan in points.  

And the points are useful to reduce the bill. After you got 15+ points, you will go to rewards site to redeem 15 points for $15 bill credit

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As for the data warning, are you seeing the warning from PM or from your phone? If it's from your phone you can check under the Cellular section to see if there is a limit set there and then increase it.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The increase is likely due to the new Public Points system in which everyone is now on. With this change all customers will pay the full amount up front, the $2 auto pay discount has been replaced with 5% Points-Back from every payment (less taxes), the monthly loyalty discount is now replaced with 10 points given once a year on your anniversary. You can earn extra points with the Refer-a-Friend and with Give Back (from 1 point up to 20 points by contributing in the Public Mobile Community).  Public Points can be redeemed towards a $15 bill credit (requires 15 points), or for ad-ons like international long distance minutes, more data, etc (starting at 5 points and up). The $15 bill credits will not happen automatically, you’ll need to redeem your points in your account manually add them for your next bill. There is no opt-out option for the new points system.

As some of our experts have shared, depending on which plan you are currently on there may be opportunities for changing to better cheaper plans to help offset the increase. For example, if you are on the $25 plan, there is now a $19 plan with 1GB data, pretty much the same as the old $25 plan but with faster 4G speed and you save $6. Customers that are currently on the $15 plan do not have any cheaper plan options to move to and will need to accumulate points until reaching 15 for the bill credit of $15.
To change plans login to “My Account” and use “Change on Renewal” to schedule a plan change.
More information about the rewards system migration:

Moving to Public Points | Help Article | Public Mobile

Overview of Public Points:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.