cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumping Through Hoops

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

One thing that has become worse in recent months is the fact the customer service reps all seem to operate on their own whims and randomly try to do things

Previously I used to email Public so often I had a canned response I would simply insert

Then they started asking more details so I added to the canned reply every time someone asked something different

Now it is starting to get annoying as (it is my opinion) because everything is already done they start asking odder and odder random questions to even access the account

Case in point:

Day 1 send Mod a request

Day 2 Mod asks to validate the credit card on file + last add on purchased (new one to me)

Day 3 responded with requested info to Mod

Day 4 a different Mod responds with a validation link (if they want a validation link why not send this on Day 2???)

Day 5 validated

Day 6 a different Mod asks another challenge question (seriously?)

I get since they got paranoid about account thefts they have clamped down

Long gone are the days when I could email a specific Mod directly but this is just getting silly as we are jumping through hoops

(Esp in my case as I am requesting the account credit which is documented on account.... I will be quite blunt.... if a hacker ever gained access to my account and asked the Public Mods to add additional credits I am fully content to accept that credit and would gladly authorize any 3rd party who wished to transfer funds into my name!)

9 REPLIES 9

Here's what should happen, @kav2001c 

Moderator contact for an account-specific situation SHOULD BE ABLE to be initiated and carried out from within the self-serve portal such that the login process to the registered account is sufficient validation in of itself.

In my opinion, Moderator contact should not have been incorporated within the Community site as it leads to too many users not realizing that their personal information can be subject to public view - made more confusing for new customers when Moderators sometimes engage users ON THE PUBLIC FORUM.  

So, I would propose that PM consider a self-serve based touch-point to PM Staff which keeps things out of the Community site altogether.    Leave the Community help to the many well-seasoned users who generally give prompt and reliable advice to common issues.

And on a totally different tangent on other occasions

Mod asks for info

And then just fixes account

No communication to say "its done"

No "thank you for using Public if any further questions..."

De nada

(I do suspect the super quiet super quick resolution is related to this thread, never seen anything similar)

From a technical standpoint this Mod fixed the issue without even validating the account (lol maybe they accepted my commentary that I authorize all hackers to be allowed to add funds to my account? 😹 )

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c 

It seems your issue is related to a few factors and I have experienced your issue once.....the one and only time I managed to successfully submit a ticket thru simon. So the hoops you are jumping thru along with the "timer" associated with your ticket are caused by.....

1. Using simple simon.
  2. New moderators in training.
  3. Not responding to messages promptly.
  4. Allowing your support request take 5 days.

I do not have email notifications turned on. I monitor my private messages easily because I am on here all the time. However when submitting requests for non family accounts I manage if I have to use their community account requires signing in or out so I may check in a couple of times in a day but I judge response time ( lately usually about an hour) and check in based on that. Once a moderator responds I dedicate my attention to our interaction so that replies are usually less than 10 minutes.

Unless I have to argue a point or send screenshots my interaction with a moderator consists of 4 messages:

1. My initial message (as below) containing all of the pertinent info and a detailed message.
  2. The moderator response thanking me for verifying the account and telling me they have "fixed" whatever the issue was....and asking if there is anything else they can help me with.
  3. I respond thank you and please send me a review link.
  4. The moderator sends me a review link.

The whole interaction takes less than half an hour and at times I have sent the initial private message and recieved the review link all in less than half an hour. My personal recommendation.... stick to private messaging. Avoid stupid simon at all costs......

Private messages have a 48 hour expiry with a reminder sent at 24 hours if no response is made.

To speed up service when sending a private message it is suggested that you include account info to verify your account to cut down on messaging back and forth before an issue can begin to be resolved.

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers.

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less if there are new trainees. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kav2001c : Maybe you ought to turn back on the email notification for pm's. And be checking that inbox throughout the time after you've started the process. It's the only email (that I can control) that I've chosen to still get the notification.

@Meow 

Actually that is a totally separate issue;

You send off a request to a Mod

When they respond you have no idea when response comes through (same day, next day, sometimes even in a couple of days when they are busy/over worked)

Doesn't matter because if you are not checking your email every single day, as soon as 24 hours pass your ticket gets closed and you need to start entire process over !

In old days we used to complain about no ticket status etc but now the ticket is promptly shut down with or without a response

*edit

Update - it sometimes is not even 24 hours....

I sent request this afternoon (9 hours ago according to the email system)

They responded (8 hours ago according to system)

I just did (another) validation now (so either 8 or 9 hours have passed depending when count starts from)

BUT

The verification page says my verification expires at 10:47AM (???) it is 7:19PM now based on my local time... where does :47 come from? Time of initial request?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Asking a challenge question so far later on sounds like a delay tactic because the MOD does not know the answer and does NOT have the fortitude to ask, which would be part of their training process. I see a few young people doing that all the time.....for what reason I don't know, but I can guess a few. I have no qualms about putting someone like that in the corner, nicely, if they cannot serve me to meet my reasonable request. Customer satisfaction does not seem to be important so some. And I have no problems to make sure they go home without the feeling of having a happy or fulfilling  day at work (which I can do very well with non offending words). 

I have had NO issues here though. And the few issues that I have had did NOT affect my service where resolved same or next day. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Had no issues with MODs so far either... But then when I had to contact them I did it in the morning.

They asked me to authenticate myself but clicking on provided link never worked for me. I used alternative method and then pasted system's response and that was satisfactory for them.

Most likely multiple request to authenticate was due to your response delay. When I requested MODs' assistance I stayed on-line until I got email from them and then responded promptly.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c wrote:

Sorry to hear about your not satisfactory experience submitting a ticket to MODs.

But every time I had to contact them by email, I got response within hours and resolved issue(s) within the same day by the same person. They usually sign their names...

If you could send them email in the morning maybe you will receive response faster as they most likely get busy after 11am.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c ,

It does seem ridiculous, especially when it seems one response to a Mod. does not seem to be read by a different Mod. - I have had that happen too!

It can be a challenging model to keep Public Mobile at reduced risk as well as their customers.

I think accounts/customers can be abscure when it comes to their Self Serve account here at Public Mobile; that is probably part of the challenge PM has.

They must prove you are you....but I agree the ticketing system should link to ONE thread so MODERATORS can know all details in one request.

Need Help? Let's chat.