cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep receiving the same MMS message over and over

User8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

2 days ago my dad sent me a photo from a different country as an MMS message. Since then, I have been receiving the same photo every 2 hours. The text I receive seems like it's from my dad, but reads "You have a new MMS from XXX-XXXXXXX. You can pick up your MMS on https://mmsvd.bics.com/mms . You login name is XXX-XXXXXXX, your pin is XXXX. 

The company that hosts the message is called Belgacom International Carrier Services. I logged in to their site as described, and the photo was there. The problem is, it keeps sending the same message. The website has dozens of copies of the photo. I deleted all, but they accumulated again. 

My dad deleted all his texts to me and deleted the original photo, but it didn't make a difference. I blocked my dad for a day or so, but it didn't make a difference either since I start getting the texts as soon as I remove the block.

Somehow the photo got into this infinity loop and I don't know who to reach out to troubleshoot. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@User8 Have you both tried rebooting your phones? Tell your dad to turn off data so it doesn't send the MMS again. If it does, looks like its something from the carriers end. 

Need Help? Let's chat.