Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls and text

Rebeccafournier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not receiving calls and trxt

12 REPLIES 12

@Rebeccafournier wrote:

My phone was working for months now. I have used it daily and then all of sudden accepting calls. 
I have done a factory reset. Checked setting, taken to Walmart to guy that works on public mobility issues, took it to Telus. They problem shot all things physical with phone but said it has to be a network issue. 

i have an limited plan. I have lots of money my account. 

Having a lot of money in the Public Mobile account balance doesn't have any affect on your service working or not unless it's time for renewal.  When you say a limited plan, is that the $!5 plan with unlimited text messaging, unlimited incoming calls, and 100 minutes for outgoing calls?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rebeccafournier : And have you contacted the moderators here yet? What plan are you on? Can you USB connect to a computer running itunes or whatever it's called now and check for any updates.

Can you manually add a dollar into your account.

Can you use the Lost/stolen function to Suspend/Resume your account.

These last two can sometimes do a bit of a kick in the account.

It;'s a long-shot but...try cycling Airplane mode ON / OFF. That's also been known to kick-start a glitchy phone.

Keep us posted if anything does help so we have info for future similar questions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebeccafournier : And have you contacted the moderators here yet? What plan are you on? Can you USB connect to a computer running itunes or whatever it's called now and check for any updates.

Can you manually add a dollar into your account.

Can you use the Lost/stolen function to Suspend/Resume your account.

These last two can sometimes do a bit of a kick in the account.

Rebeccafournier

My phone was working for months now. I have used it daily and then all of sudden accepting calls. 
I have done a factory reset. Checked setting, taken to Walmart to guy that works on public mobility issues, took it to Telus. They problem shot all things physical with phone but said it has to be a network issue. 

i have an limited plan. I have lots of money my account. 

Rebeccafournier

Xs

MT962VC/A

C39XKR2CKPFR serial number

Rebeccafournier

I did not recently activate a sims card. But to problem solve this issue I did take it out and put it back in. I have not changed my number. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebeccafournier : You haven't answered the questions. Did you try to transfer a number over when you activated? Did you leave your old SIM in to wait for a confirmation text from your old provider?

What make/model/submodel phone?

Rebeccafournier

Have done all these things. Still notnworking

Rebeccafournier

No

Rebeccafournier

I have tired all these things. I have taken it to two service providers at Walmart and Telus. They say it must be a network issue

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you recently port your phone number over to PM ?  Try rebooting your phone.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/number-transfer-port-troubleshooting

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rebeccafournier wrote:

Not receiving calls and trxt

@Rebeccafournier Did you just activate a SIM card? 

Some activations may take a few minutes to connect to the network.

Was it with a new number or did you port one over?

Try these tricks:

• reboot phone
  • remove and reinsert SIM card
  • go into airplane mode for a few minutes than back to regular mode
  • reset network setting.
Need Help? Let's chat.