cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is visual voicemail coming to public mobile in the future? I would really appreciate this feature.

Greego
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

9 REPLIES 9

@Greego  Check out YouMail. I've started using it on recommendation by a few regulars here, and works with Public Mobile. I don't even use the app - it just sends me the voicemails by email with text transcription included in the free service

https://www.youmail.com/

Only needs reprogramming your conditional forwards to a canadian deposit phone number they give you. (*004*xxxxxxxxxx#) you can undo it at anytime by dialing ##004#.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Greego, too many bells and whistles for Public Mobile. The majority of the people who come to Public Mobile is to save a buck or two or more. Having things like visual voicemail would or could mean more costs to Public Mobile users. 

Personally, I would rather save my money. If Public Mobile did try to develop this cool feature, It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to pass the research and development costs to the community (well, that's what I would do, pass the buck!)

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Greego 

Some people use fongo instead

You forward your missed and unavailable calls to your fongo number and it will email you a copy of voicemails if you chose and you can access them right from the app as well

I know it's not the same, but if you really want to keep copies of certain voicemails it's worth it

I doubt that it's coming any time soon

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Greego Yes, just don't know which decade.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Greego some of the areas that I have seen PM work towards is cheaper service. With visual voicemail that would add another layer of complexity troubles and thus more money. Meaning not keeping out rates down. 

You will have to pay the big bucks to move up to that kind of feature. You could add a voice to text app to your phone and turn it on when you listen to your voice mail LOL. Like a duct tape way of getting visual voicemail lol. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Greego 

No.  PM does not offer visual voicenmail.

Install Fongo and configure Fongo send your voicemail audio file to your email address.

You can configure your phone to forward your call to Fongo if no answer or not available(phone is off) to Fongo.

This is my poor man visual voicemail as I cannot afford an expensive iPhone or pay expensive cellphone plan.

I also use my Fongo number as a free incoming fax machine and getting my incoming fax pdf file sent to my inbox.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Greego no unfortunately you will have to pay the big bucks if you really want that feature it would be nice though😁

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Greego you have to move up to Koodo. I believe that the feature is available there.  Stay safe. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Greego   I don't believe I've seen that being mentioned anywhere, but maybe sometime in the future, who knows...but I'd say unlikely, sorry.

Need Help? Let's chat.