cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone actually happy with their service?

MarieRamsey
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was just looking through forum posts, and it seems like the issues (that have existed for years) seem to be getting worse. I regularly get dropped calls now, not receiving texts, all kinds of issues with my service. 

In fact, the only reason i was reading forum posts is because of issues with my service. The so-called community system itself treats it's customers like unpaid interns or slaves, and often they are more helpful and nicer than the actual people that are PAID by this company. And for what? Maybe a couple dollars off if you're lucky? This system just takes advantage of the poorest in the community. Shame on Public Mobile for doing this.

I just had a CSA talk down to me about a MISTAKE on their end, all because he was too lazy to look into it before automatically telling me I'm wrong.

I can't afford to switch, otherwise I would. I would advise ANY new customer to leave and switch to a different carrier. 

73 REPLIES 73

@MarieRamsey 

Upon reading (recalling) some of your prior posts / threads here,  I have one thing to add:

"You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar"

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MarieRamsey  what type of issues are you encountering?

@MarieRamsey 

I never had issues with a CS_Agent in the past. Sometimes they get back to you right away and sometimes a day or two later.

I guess dealing with complaints all day…the job gets to you.

Alway start off with a pleasant greet to them then indicate your issue.

Interesting...

I never had bad experience with CSA. Sometimes response was not as fast as I would like but all issues have been resolved as requested.

CSA are humans as you and me. Assuming you are human... Some like their jobs, some love their jobs, some hate their jobs but they have bills to pay...

@MarieRamsey 

When dealing with CSA's, you will receive a review form link when they are closing the file.

Make sure to leave the appropriate review based on the experience.

@MarieRamsey  - if you are not happy with the results you are receiving keep your persistence up.

Respond to the last ticket and ask for a supervisor to review your case and respond.

Agree to both your posts @hTideGnow 

Not only are customer service (particularly tier 1 / front line agents) measured by resolved issues/tickets; they are usually measured on how quickly they can close cases (finish the call, with regards to call centers).

HI @Anonymous ,   and if you worked in support centre, you know their daily mission is to close as many tickets as they can, not to help 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarieRamsey : I think I've had similar experiences. Just flippant toss-offs to in effect get rid of you as though they're the know-it-alls who can do no wrong. I come back with ..um..no..I'm well familiar with the workings here...fix it. Obviously after being all polite at first in anticipation of getting an inexperienced CSA. And yes, ask to be escalated. You shouldn't have to of course but there it is. There are several excellent senior CSA's that know the deal.

HI @MarieRamsey  Like all call centre,  the trouble tickets are usually reviewed by 1st level support, they are junior and they won't stay in the job for long time.  There are always new staff learning.   So, you need to push for escalation or have it reviewed by senior staff to have it resolved.  It is not nice, but it is a sad truth with many 1st level call centre.

MarieRamsey
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Every time public mobile has made a mistake or screwed me over with the service, the CSA's refuse to acknowledge it until I push them to actually spend 5 minutes to look into it.

Once they do look into it the attitude completely changes and it's half fixed.

unbelievably lazy, rude and terrible service. 

chantelbauder20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Super happy! 

chantelbauder20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Very well said and I would agree.

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@MarieRamsey 

When I first switched to public mobile I just wanted to save money on my bills but I also realized by switching and wanting to take advantage of rewards I had a lot to learn as I was severely technologically challenged. I decided to look t it as free public mobile community college. Oh and have I learned.....how to to no longer pay for my mobile services!

Not only have I saved a tonne of money I have helped my friends save too! None of them have had any real problems with their service either. I have had a few weird glitches occur in one of my accounts but no real problems with my actual service. I have gained skills I never would taken a course to master and with the pandemic have managed to maintain social connections and good mental health by helping others.

But time and circumstance dictates each members level of contribution. Your pocketbook dictates whether you stay with your service provider or move on....I am happy to stay. Why would I want to pay a mobile provider for service when they pay me?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

My sentiments exactly.  And I didn't even realize the learning aspects.  It's absolutely true.  I have learned so much about cellphone service, the cellphone industry and the technical aspects of them.  And I am being paid to learn them.  🙂  

Zyl

@dabr wrote:

@darlicious    I notice your post never shows whose post you are responding to.  Which Reply option are you selecting or not?

Edit:  now I see others also, @esjliv  and @Zyl , don't show which post was responded to...hmm

Edit 2:  I guess if responding to the original post by OP then the reference to whose post is being responded to doesn't appear.

I find that if you are responding directly to OP, the line "in response to XXX" in faint letters does not appear otherwise it should appear right underneath the title of the person that you are responding to.  For example, this post that you responded to @darlicious earlier appears like this: 

Zyl_0-1642735285579.png

Hope this helps. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@TMe    Sorry, now I'm confused with your questions 😊  

My query to darlicious, which I now have the answer for from posting another post on another thread, was just that her post didn't show who she was responding to and other responses in this thread did, including mine.  However, now I realize if clicking Reply to OP's original post, that doesn't happen. 

So all good, got it figured...  Sorry if I confused you or anyone else 😊

TMe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They, like I, must not have seen where that requirement is posted. Or is it?

TMe

@dabr 

I was unaware that I was supposed to do that. But then I read this post to @@darlicious and I changed my ways. LOL Grasshopper is learning

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

Usually the one at the end of the thread.

@darlicious    Hmm...I don't see that option or rather it's not clickable for me...must be missing something, oh well not really important, thanks

TMe

@MarieRamsey

You said it yourself: you can't afford to leave. That is our payment, monetarily. A lot of people just like helping. And that's their payoff. And a lot of people have few ways to connect, especially in today's world. So that's their payoff. I like all of it.

TMe

@darlicious

Your positivity is uplifting. Thank you.

TMe

@Zyl 

I don't think it's a venue for posting negative things. It's a venue to get help. Sometimes it's your device not public mobile and sometimes it's just plain old you lol. But I agree a positive forum would be wonderful

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Usually the one at the end of the thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

TMe

And again, that's what keeps the prices so low and I'm sure we are all happy about that.

@darlicious    I notice your post never shows whose post you are responding to.  Which Reply option are you selecting or not?

Edit:  now I see others also, @esjliv  and @Zyl , don't show which post was responded to...hmm

Edit 2:  I guess if responding to the original post by OP then the reference to whose post is being responded to doesn't appear.

TMe

I used to pay $140 instead of $40 for not much more service. I'm completely happy with everything and yes being part of the Telus Network you get great coverage. All networks go down from time to time, usually happens when it's busy. 

Back in the day, we used to have party lines! And no not the good type of party LOL.

TMe

Therein lies your answer. "I can't afford to switch". This is how the cost is kept down. And if I knew more I'd help in the community myself. 

TMe

I will. 🤩  The Community is great. I've had nothing but people trying to help me. I do have an issue with the bot though. But overall my service with Public Mobile has been great. There's been less than a handful of times that I had difficulty connecting, today being one of them lol. However it was quickly resolved with the help of the C0MMUNITY.

I've been with Public Mobile for 3 or 4 years and I'm completely happy - with the cost of my plan, with the service I get; and more. It's just that darn bot! LOL.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MarieRamsey 

When I first switched to public mobile I just wanted to save money on my bills but I also realized by switching and wanting to take advantage of rewards I had a lot to learn as I was severely technologically challenged. I decided to look t it as free public mobile community college. Oh and have I learned.....how to to no longer pay for my mobile services!

Not only have I saved a tonne of money I have helped my friends save too! None of them have had any real problems with their service either. I have had a few weird glitches occur in one of my accounts but no real problems with my actual service. I have gained skills I never would taken a course to master and with the pandemic have managed to maintain social connections and good mental health by helping others.

But time and circumstance dictates each members level of contribution. Your pocketbook dictates whether you stay with your service provider or move on....I am happy to stay. Why would I want to pay a mobile provider for service when they pay me?

Zyl

@MarieRamsey   we are, with discount to our bill and the psychological satisfaction that I have helped people and people appreciated my help via the"bravo's" that I receive (did you bravo my two replies to your question btw?  😜).  Public mobile is not taking advantage of me at all; this is my choice.  Public mobile is not holding me to anything or forcing anything on me.  

Need Help? Let's chat.