cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone actually happy with their service?

MarieRamsey
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was just looking through forum posts, and it seems like the issues (that have existed for years) seem to be getting worse. I regularly get dropped calls now, not receiving texts, all kinds of issues with my service. 

In fact, the only reason i was reading forum posts is because of issues with my service. The so-called community system itself treats it's customers like unpaid interns or slaves, and often they are more helpful and nicer than the actual people that are PAID by this company. And for what? Maybe a couple dollars off if you're lucky? This system just takes advantage of the poorest in the community. Shame on Public Mobile for doing this.

I just had a CSA talk down to me about a MISTAKE on their end, all because he was too lazy to look into it before automatically telling me I'm wrong.

I can't afford to switch, otherwise I would. I would advise ANY new customer to leave and switch to a different carrier. 

73 REPLIES 73

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech.  I leave positive reviews too.  I believe people should be rewarded for positive things that they have done.  If a company has gone above and beyond to deliver quality service, I want that to be known as well so that business can be rewarded with increased business and success and hopefully other businesses when they see this will follow suit and provide higher quality of service as well thereby improving the service standards overall.

That's why I suggest to have a category on this forum for people to post positive things about public mobile as well so people get better perspective.  

Zyl

@Anonymous  tickety boo?  LOL.  This is the first time that I have heard this expression.  So cute. 😃

That gives rise to another suggestion.  There should be another category added to this forum that's titled "Compliments" where people can post positive experience that they have had with public mobile, when everything is going tickety boo.  🙂  If you have a venue for posting negative things then it's only natural that there is a venue to post positive things as well so people can get a more comprehensive perspective about public mobile's service.

Zyl

@MarieRamsey  I am actually quite happy with public mobile's service.  I have been lucky enough to not have had all those glitches that people have mentioned I guess.  Except with 1 call that I couldn't make and 1 text that I didn't receive, so far I have had no problems with public mobile's service (I hope I have not spoken too soon on this 🙂).  The last time that I talked to the CS_Agent, they were quite friendly and quick in responding too.  Not all agents are the same though, some are more experienced and friendly than others but overall they are fine.  You should try to talk to the customer service or the shipping department of appliance stores, they really make for interesting experience.  

As for working as "interns and slaves" answering questions on community forum, I don't mind.  It's my choice.  I can stop at any time if I want.  Like you mentioned, the pay is not that big but i like helping people and it's good that I get to save some cost on my cellphone bills at the same time.  If I do volunteer work, I get nothing.  So I like this "slave work" 🙂 where I get to control my time, my pay and my effort and am not dictated by anything.  

So sorry to hear that you are having a bit of trouble.  If there is anything we can help, post your questions to let us know.  

Hope it helps

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MarieRamsey  - no issues on my accounts either, and happy with services so far.

But I can definitely see many having genuine issues that would off-put them from being with Public Mobile.

And, yes, dealing with CSA can be a deterrent at times, because some CSA's seemed to have no comprehension at the issue at hand (in some of my personal experiences).

So, since this is a 'self-managed' service/provider, it is best suited for those who are able to troubleshoot and educate themselves to push for a solution on possible fixes.

As for PM paying anyone for community rewards to help contribute to issues posted here. You are not totally wrong, but we are all making our choices to do so. So no harm really.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No issues here in calls :knock Knock: touchwood. 😄

@MarieRamsey wrote:

Even if you're happy to help, you should be compensated for your time it takes. It's still taking advantage of good people.

Hi @MarieRamsey 

I don't feel taking part in this Community is 'taking advantage' of users.   I'd surmise that most people who spend an exorbitant amount of time here don't really need to and it's genuinely a way to pass time and exercise the brain.

This community is much like a social media (of sorts) for techies and people who genuinely like to help out other people.

There's definitely a bit of friendly competition that goes on here - but that's fine and so long as it remains respectful and helpful and on topic, it's all good.

Anyway, sorry to hear your service has gone downhill in recent times.   It really is a rarity and I've been involved with several people who've had services here for more than 1 year and NONE of them have any concerns or complaints with any aspect of their service.  (i've asked...)

SO, stick with us, and together, we'll get you through!!!

@MarieRamsey wrote:

Even if you're happy to help, you should be compensated for your time it takes. It's still taking advantage of good people.

@MarieRamsey    Well no one is being forced to participate on these forums so I think for the most part, we're here trying to help out other customers and some of us obviously have a bit more time (some days) than most to do just that.

I notice you've been registered since 2015 and are (perhaps) a long term customer?  Have you been consistently having problems since then or just more recently?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarieRamsey 

your issue with get dropped calls ? right... don't worry about it be relax and be cool  everyhting will be ok and you will be very happy...with a Fabulous Service..you have to try to do some troubleshoot to your device,

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue.

if you try all this and is still same issue try to change your SIM card maybe is it a defective,

visit to Coverage Map Here .

or Here 

and check it out is enough Towers in your area.

Check the status of service outages Service Status.

MarieRamsey
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous is right on.. Community site is for problem and questions.. 

Same as all those review sites... people tends to more willing to leave review when they are extremely frustrated.. hence you likely see more bad reviews than appreciation posts...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MarieRamsey   What was the mistake on their side?

Service wise, in terms or call and data, it is as good as Telus except we don't get the latest goodies like VoLTE, WiFi Calling and the speed,  but service reliability is as good as Telus.

Yes, some people stay for the price.  $25 or $15 are truly great deal.  $35.. ok.. $40 and above, you could have better choices out there.

Some people here  because of prepaid,  no credit check as well as no surprise billing..

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@MarieRamsey, for the most part, people that are here regularly, are helping out because they really like to help people.  The monthly reward is a bonus and a small one at that for the amount of time committed.  Sorry to hear you are having issues with your service.  I have been with PM for over 5 years now and my only issue I experienced was when a US Roaming add-on expired you lost the ability to receive texts for the next day but that has long been resolved.  Even with the issues, depending on the person's needs and usage I do still recommend some people to PM and for others, I won't.  PM isn't for everyone.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy as can be other than this place with a few people. But I'm sure the feeling's mutual.

Please remember that the community is the method to ask for help. Asking for help means there's a problem. So that's all the community sees is complaints. VERY few people come on and say everything's going tickety boo.

Need Help? Let's chat.