cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Public Mobile going to match Fido and Koodo's $34 for 30GB Black Friday plan??

JAS139
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I keep checking and hoping that PM will update and match Fido, Koodo and the other carriers that are doing $34 30GB plans.

Anyone know if PM is going to match or even beat these plans?

Fingers crossed over here.

37 REPLIES 37

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dabr and @hTideGnow  I’d definitely change if it was 5G like Quebec but for 4G 30GB doesn’t seem so great , I’m sure hoping the 5G 30GB makes its rounds and I’ll definitely switch to it 

hey @dabr  you sure @Handy1 does not need to hold on now? if not, he might need to change again couple days later for $34/30GB 5G plan, it is offering in QC now. LoL

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1   Isn't it time for you to schedule another plan change seeing the latest PM offering of $34/30GB??  😊

HI @JAS139 

the $34 30 GB is live now for everyone

@AquaCatEyes  I agree 100% it what I said in my initial post

AquaCatEyes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

in my opinion, right now public has the better deal even though it has less gigabytes. 5G and then unlimited throttling afterwards. you can't get any better than that for $34, 20 gigs 5G unlimited throttle.

JAS139

If you click on register now like you are creating a new account for a new activation then it goes through to selecting sim/esim and registering the account and plan

ArmenA

For their sake, they'd better match it and do it soon. Fido, Koodo, Freedom, and Virgin are all at $34/30 GB. Not sure what PM is thinking. 5G is not enough of a sell for a 10 GB difference in data. I am leaning towards switching if they don't.

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @JAS139 

and like this for AB??

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/activation/plans/50GB-5Gspeed8

The province can be changed in the address bar or the province changed in the website's region selection setting while looking at the details of a different region's plan. It doesn't mean that it's available.

JAS139

Using this link https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/mb/activation/plans/50GB-5Gspeed8

and then selecting Register Now and creating a new account its possible to get right through to paying for the 50GB $45 Can/USA deal. Didn't complete the purchase as I already have an active account. 

public_agent

The plan is available in Quebec already, I'm hoping they're bringing it to the rest of Canada by Black Friday, or I'll just switch provider.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JAS139  Even thou fido and Koodo have the 30GB for $30 it’s worth mentioning it’s only 4G speed not 5G speed that freedom and public have and PM is better then freedom because with freedom it’s $5 off for x amount of months hope rest of us get  that deal thou 

@kb_mv wrote:

@JAS139 If you change the MB to nb, or any other 2 letter province it shows up on all of them...

@kb_mv , I saw that to using the link! Even after refreshing the page it is still showing for NB! 🤔 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@JAS139 If you change the MB to nb, or any other 2 letter province it shows up on all of them...

@JAS139 That's weird, it doesn't show on my MB page...

JAS139

Changing the province to MB also works and it does say Black Friday and no mention of new activations only!Screenshot 2023-11-19 at 2.50.04 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-19 at 2.50.12 PM.png

@JAS139 wrote:

Surely that link wouldn't exist if they weren't going to take it live .....right?

@JAS139 That's what I'm hoping for...

hi @JAS139 it is for new activation only. I think it saw posts last night saying the hidden link for $34 30GB works

JAS139

Surely that link wouldn't exist if they weren't going to take it live .....right?

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @JAS139 I'm Quebec, I only see the $45 Canada-US plan, not $40

@hTideGnow It's $40 per 30 days on a 90 day commitment.

Screenshot 2023-11-19 at 4.42.55 PM.png

JAS139

OK @hTideGnow  now that's what I want!! Not available yet though right?

@JAS139 wrote:

Did anyone find hidden links for the $40 Can/USA 50GB plan available in QC in other provinces?

@JAS139 , if you mean the Canada/US $45.00/ Month 50GB Data at 5G Speed Plan ($40/month with a 90-day subscription) … No, haven’t seen hidden links, it wouldn’t work anyways! 😆 That’s a great price though!

Edit: My goodness, I type way to slow! 😮 

@Alibhai- I've never seen anyone report here saying they got a one-off competitive deal. Public doesn't roll that way. It's an available plan some time or another or not available.

oh @JAS139 90 days..thx

JAS139

$40 with 90 day sub and only in QC. Too bad amazing deal!!

JAS139

Screenshot 2023-11-19 at 2.36.01 PM.png

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You know as much as the rest of us.

Unexpected deal(s) might spring up. And then there is always Boxing Day hope, Christmas deals and New Year delights.

Alibhai
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No matching with other cell phone companies.i sent them the Fido link no response.

Need Help? Let's chat.