cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 8 Plus not connecting with transfered number

Sandra60
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Greetings,

I contacted customer support to help me follow the process laid out in how to transfer a number.   Public House did confirm that the number was transferred to them successfully.  I rebooted the phone with the public house sim card once the transfer was confirmed.  However the phone does not work and for 2 days has not worked.  I noticed under Cellular, Public Mobile is listed.  However under Network Selection the name Public Mobile Flashes on and off. I understand Public uses Telus and my phone is still with Telus and I have 4 bars so range is not the issue.  When  dial out the phone starts the process to call than stops. 

6 REPLIES 6

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Glad to hear it! Welcome to PM @Sandra60 !

@Sandra60 

Great that you found the problem!

I have to remember this for future members with the same problem porting over from Telus.

Sandra60
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Found the glitch!  I went into settings, under phone icon it has a title My Number and it had the temporary number that ported over as the number.  It allowed me to open it up and change the number, saved it.  Still did not work.  Shut down the phone for a minute and it rebooted and it worked.  I am so relieved.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sandra60 

It sounds like the porting process was not completed. Did you leave the Telus SIM in the phone and reply with YES to the SMS text confirming that you are porting to PM? There is a 90 minute window for you to reply to the text.

If you missed this window, you need to contact a CS_Agent by messaging them to restart the process by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of this page.

Cubanmonkey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you try taking out SIM card and putting back in ? Maybe the sun is not working 

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sandra60 

Are you able to try your new PM SIM card in another phone? This is the best way to make sure that the phone is ruled out as the the source of the problem.

If you absolutely do not have access to another phone, you may first try turning off the phone, removing and reinserting the SIM, then turning it back on.

Finally, you could also try resetting the phone to see if that will make it connect to the network.

Need Help? Let's chat.