cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International service NOT working 2 out of the 3 months that we have paid for..

leepers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We have paid for talk and data international for the last 3 months (Indio California)...only one of the 3 months have we been able to talk and /or use data...grrrr....But text has worked ( Thank goodness)... We have checked that T mobile is our service provider (it is)...turned roaming,airplane mode etc etc off and on several thousand times to try to reset....Pleas help...what are we doing wrong....I should not have to pay for a service i am not receiving!

10 REPLIES 10

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@leepers 

VoLTE compatable phones is important for US talk roaming services since most US carriers have decommissioned 3G network in the USA.  I have a feeling that your phone is not VoLTE compatible.  If it isn't, you will need to be on T mobile network and try 2G network to get talk.  2G network is spotty in the USA.  

However, your data should still work.  Might want to try a network reset of your phone (this will erase your Wifi passwords).  

@leepers wrote:

should data roaming be on all the time? and if so will i get charged extra roaming charges?

Never any extra roaming charges. PM is a pre-paid cell provider...so you only get to use what you pay for ahead of time.

@leepers

The VoLLTE list is here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

again, did you try At&T as well?? Try both networks, if data work, you can use VoIp app TextNow to make calls on the app for free

BTW, if you paying for roaming every 2 weeks, you have been buying  the 15-day roaming add-on and not the Canada-US plan 

leepers

should data roaming be on all the time? and if so will i get charged extra roaming charges?

leepers

Will try At and T...I thot T mobile was the carrier. Thanks!

leepers

ZTE phone...how do i find out if it is VoLTE enabled? And we did have data and talk for aprox ! month out of the paid for 3 months>

leepers

we have a Canada USA plan that we keep updating/paying for every 2 weeks

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@leepers What phones do you have?  For voice calls you need to have a VoLTE enabled phone in the USA as there is no longer any 3G network there.  If non-VoLTE phones have you tried dropping to 2G on T-Mobile?  Also 2G is being phased out there and not available everywhere.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@leepers 

you should try AT&T as well.  PM uses both AT&T and T-Mobile for US roaming.  People has great experiences now using both networks for roaming

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I'm confused. 

There is no international roaming option.

There's only USA roaming.

Do you mean you have a Canada USA plan or do you mean you purchased roaming add-ons to use Services while in the USA?

Need Help? Let's chat.