cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International LD bonus minutes

DebThordarson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m confused! I have almost all of my 500 minutes. I am travelling to the US next week. Can I call to and from the US using these minutes? Some answers have said the US is  not included, others say it is. 

5 REPLIES 5

Korth
Mayor / Maire

All calling minutes included in the plan and all the long-distance add-on minutes only work when dialing from Canada. Any unused add-on minutes you've purchased will continue to rollover plan cycles indefinitely, until they're all consumed and the add-on falls of the account.

The US Roaming add-ons can provide calling, text, data in the USA. These are one-time, one-use purchases, they become active once you've purchased them and added them to your account and they remain active through their full (15-day) duration. Unused days cannot be saved for later and will not be refunded.

Public Mobile offers no other roaming options for any other country.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

dataaddon.png

@DebThordarson 

Log in to your account, look to the right for Shop Add-ons, click and you'll find the options for US Roaming (Bundle and Data tabs).

Select and pay for the options you'd like to use while in US. They will work for 360 hours from the time you purchase 'em...buy close to time you cross into US for maximum usage.

Once in US, phone might select T-Mobile automatically...if not you'll have to manually select T-Mobile yourself.

Hopefully PM has enabled volte in your phone by now...if not, ask to have it enabled.

us.jpg

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DebThordarson 

LD calling only works when you are in Canada. You need to purchase a US Roaming plan so you can calling and texting while in the USA.

I would suggest you use WhatsApp or TextNow app for free WiFi calling and texting.

I personally use TextNow SIM for free calling and texting within WiFi.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DebThordarson 

NO,  I am certain those LD bonus minutes you got from Holiday bonus CANNOT be used to call FROM US

those minutes are only used to call FROM Canada to selected countries.

Need Help? Let's chat.