cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Calling

BMcL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I want to make an occasional international call from Canada what are the per minute rates? My plan does not include minutes outside of Canada and I do not want an add on.

10 REPLIES 10

@BKNS27 wrote:

@BMcL 

You need to purchase a LD Add-on for these countries and rates of $15.

IMG_0179.png

IMG_0164.png

BMcL said that an add-on isn't wanted.  BMcL either wants to pay per minute (which doesn't work) or have a plan that includes the long distance.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@BMcL wrote:

If I want to make an occasional international call from Canada what are the per minute rates? My plan does not include minutes outside of Canada and I do not want an add on.

There are no per minute rates.  If it's not paid for already in a plan or add-on, the service doesn't work.  Take a look in your account if there is a $45 plan that includes some long distance minutes to some countries.  BKNS27 gave the list of countries that can be called with the $45 plan that includes some international long distance.

HI @BMcL 

if you have short trip, better to use travel esim for data. US 1GB for 7 days will only cost you USD $6.50.  But for calls, you will need to use VoIP app like TextNow to use the app to make calls

@BMcL 

for a short trip to US, the $15 talk/text 15 day add-on is a decent price to be able to use cell in US...even if it's just for a few days. I use that add-on for short weekend stays in Spokane.

@BMcL 

Please note if you are on the $15 plan and switch to the higher Canada/USA plan. You won’t be able to switch back so check your account to see what the lowest plan you are eligible for when you switch back.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BMcL  no, those are the only option at $15 for talk and text for $30 with data for 15 days. Unused amount would be forfeited. 

Best to use wifi where possible.

@BMcL 

There are only 15 day roaming packages.  

If you travel to US often, you can consider a Canada-US plan.  

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/activation/plans/65GB-5Gspeed

@BMcL 

You can use WhatsApp or TextNow for free calling and texting when connected to wifi.

Otherwise, you need to purchase a USA bundle Roaming Add-on for 15 days.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@BMcL 

You need to purchase a LD Add-on for these countries and rates of $15.

IMG_0179.png

IMG_0164.png

BMcL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan does not include USA minutes or data. For a short trip I don't want the 15 day add on. What are the ad hoc rates for calls, texts and data while in the USA?

Need Help? Let's chat.