cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls and self serve not working

Aditya402
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am unable to receive incoming calls since morning. Every time someone tries to call me it directly transfers to voicemail. Cannot access account (self serve) either.

11 REPLIES 11

Aditya402

Using my SIM on a different phone solved the problem. I got the sim back on my phone and it continues to work well. Thank you for all the suggestions. And, by the way, I am based in Kitchener-Waterloo. Much appreciated for all the help.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Aditya402 

Are you in Winnipeg or Manitoba? If so this is a network glitch. Use the previously suggested fix (above and before) of putting your Sim card in another phone and power it on. Power off remove and reinsert in your phone and reboot. If you have a dual sim phone you can do the same in the other Sim slot as it registers on the separate IMEI# and fixes the glitch.

@Aditya402   Did you also try the suggestion by @esjliv of powering off the phone and removing the SIM card and insert into another compatible phone and reboot phone and back to yours and reboot?

Aditya402

Thank you. Much appreciated for the help.

@Aditya402 

other customers with same complaint as you.

Perhaps a local network interruption is the cause.

If thats the case...it should return service eventually.

Aditya402

Just tried all of those. I was able to login to my account using ingonito. Thank you for the suggestion. I am still not able to receive calls though. 

@Aditya402 wrote:

How do I contact a CS_Agent? Appreciate the response and thanks in advance again.

@Aditya402 

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

But have your tried logging into your My Account through an incognito mode tab as suggested by @hairbag1 ?

You can also use a keyboard shortcut to open an Incognito window: 

Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS: Press Ctrl + Shift + n.

Mac: Press + Shift + n.

If having issues with your password, use the Forgot your password option to reset it, found here: https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/forgot-password

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Aditya402  - if after restarting your phone doesn't work (as suggested by @BKNS27 ) try 1 or more of the below:

• toggle into and out of airplane mode
  • perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings
  • move your sim card to another phone to see if services works
  • manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) to see if services work

Aditya402

Thank you for the reply. I have rebooted my phone several times to no avail. There are certainly no outages in my area. The internet is working absolutely fine and no problems with outgoing calls either. My mother is with public as well and no problem there too. How do I contact a CS_Agent? Appreciate the response and thanks in advance again.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Aditya402 

Check for any outages in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

If no outage in your area, try rebooting your phone.  If that didn’t work then you need to contact a CS_Agent to see what the issue with reception and access to your account.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Aditya402 

on your laptop, log in using incognito mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.