cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want that old thing back

kas
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

This may be the impossible I'm asking for but I figured I could try.  I have a personal email that I am stuck out of that I cannot get back without my old phone number.  It was once registered with Public Mobile. It was years ago though.  I tried calling it and noticed that it's still inactive.  Is there anyone at Public Mobile or Telus that can help me get it back?  Please let me know.  Thank you so much for reading. 
9 REPLIES 9

kas

Yup, I was quick and it worked out! Thanks 🙂 

kas

They were an amazing help! 

kas

It was Hotmail, they wouldn't approve my attempts to recover the email.  I now see why that I'm back in.  Thanks, I got lucky! 

kas

It was my very first number, from the original public Mobile I believe so I ported out and back in.  Anyhow I'm glad they were able to get it for me 🙂 

kas

Amazing, the mod team helped me get the number back.  Keep up the great work Public Mobile! 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you are talking about getting your old PM number back after you left PM then it is always worth an effort to contact agent and ask.

If they say and Guarantee they can get that number back you know what to do: new SIM, activate create self-serving account, etc.

Wish you luck!

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kas 

Sounds to me like you are trying to access an old e-mail account that you used your old Public Mobile number as a means of perhaps recovering login credentials?   Like perhaps they send a code or something to your phone number to change login?

Is that what you mean???

I'd say you should be able to contact the e-mail service provider and provide alternate credentials.  Just let them know the phone number you had used is no longer accessible;  hopefully they can supply a backup means of assisting.

Let us know if you can.   GOOD LUCK!!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kas   You meant you want to get your old phone number back?

It might be possible the number you got was from PM/Koodo/Telus originally.  But you got it from another provider and then ported into PM, then you would have to contact the original provider

you can try to open a ticket with PM Support and confirm if the number is still available and they agree to assign  you back the number after you join 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kas 

You could try to contact a CS_Agent to have your email address changed by private messaging or Chat on this page.

If all credentials are confirmed, they will change it for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.