I transferred my number to another provider

Singh80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

however, i prepaid 

i was wondering when i would get my money back

8 REPLIES 8

@Singh80 wrote:

i am 100% sure canadian law does not state as much 

Public mobile belongs to the Telus.  Telus has corporate lawyers who have reviewed this prepaid policy and it is within Canadian laws.  You are welcome to legally challenge this policy.  

Singh80

i am 100% sure canadian law does not state as much 

Sorry @Singh80 all prepaid providers are like this. PM is not the only one with such policy 

Singh80

this seems like fraud - and public mobile is pushing this terms and service under a rug

Hello @Singh80 

Public Mobile is a pre paid service. You pay for 30 days at a time. It's up to you how much you use of the 30 days. If you choose not to use the full 30 days, that means you forfeit any days/money you choose not to use.

Think about it this way. You go to McDonalds, order a Big Mac meal. You pay for the meal in advance, like pre paid. You go back to the counter with 10 french fries left and you ask for a refund on the 10 french fries. Since you pre paid for them, it's up to you if you choose to eat them. 

Hope that made sense.

@Singh80 wrote:

is this considered stealing / fraud?

@Singh80 

No.  It is the prepaid cell plan.  No refunds or pro-rating of plans unfortunately.  

You can check the terms and conditions:

Can I receive a refund of unused funds if I cancel my service?

Funds added to your account are non-refundable. After ninety days with no active rate plan, your account will be automatically deactivated and all unused funds will be lost.

Singh80

is this considered stealing / fraud?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry @Singh80  PM Is a prepaid provider and won't provide refund for early cacellation like your situation. 

if you ported into Koodo or Telus, they might be able to gie you a one time credit.  If you ported elsewhere, sorry, you won't get that.

Need Help? Let's chat.