cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I saw my credit card bill has multiple charges from public mobile

PCcookson4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just today my credit card showing multiple charges from public mobile and public pay parking!  I called the credit card company and it's from public mobile.    I pay my childrens phone bills and each of their monthly renewed accounts get charged under the name 

PCcookson4_0-1723239878837.png

this has never showed up on my credit card but now when I look it shows from way back?  how do I get this straightened out with public mobile, please help.    I think at this point I should cancel my account for my kids move to a more secure phone plan, this is scary that I'm getting charged so multiple times? 

7 REPLIES 7

ToshPuppy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I understand your concern about the unexpected and multiple charges on your credit card from Public Mobile. Here’s how you can address the issue:

1. Review Your Billing History: Log into your Public Mobile account and review the billing history for each account to verify the charges and ensure there are no discrepancies or duplicate charges.

2. Contact Public Mobile Support: Reach out to Public Mobile's customer support through their Community Forum, live chat, or social media channels. Explain the situation in detail, including the multiple charges and the dates they occurred. Request a detailed breakdown of the charges and inquire about the possibility of refunds if there were errors.

3. Provide Evidence: When contacting support, provide any evidence of the duplicate charges from your credit card statement. This can help expedite the resolution process.

4. Consider Account Cancellation: If you’re feeling uneasy about the security of your accounts, you might want to explore other phone plan options. Ensure that you have a clear understanding of the cancellation process and any potential fees before proceeding.

5. Follow Up: If you don’t receive a timely response, follow up with another message or contact Public Mobile through alternative support channels.

Taking these steps should help you resolve the issue with Public Mobile and address any concerns about the charges. If you decide to switch providers, make sure to review the new plan’s terms and conditions thoroughly to avoid similar issues in the future.

@PCcookson4 wrote:

I agree,  but the credit card company said it was the same company when I called to dispute the charges, in fact, she said on her end when she looks at the charges they all say Public mobile but when I'm on my credit card online banking app, they go from public mobile self serve to public pay parking.   I was shocked because until today, I have never seen public pay parking.  But she confirmed it was the same company?

@PCcookson4 

the "Public Pay Parking" is not Public Mobile.

Your Public Mobile charges, you should see it showing as "Public Mobile" as a vendor name but sometimes with a wrong description/category as "PUBLIC PARKING GARAGE, Communications, Telecommunications Equipment"

In your screenshot , the first one "Public Mobile Self-Serv" was the PM charges but not the second one

PCcookson4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agree,  but the credit card company said it was the same company when I called to dispute the charges, in fact, she said on her end when she looks at the charges they all say Public mobile but when I'm on my credit card online banking app, they go from public mobile self serve to public pay parking.   I was shocked because until today, I have never seen public pay parking.  But she confirmed it was the same company?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

This has been an on going problem for a very long time. The only thing I can suggest is to file a complaint with the Ombudsman For Banking Services and Investments. 

To some here, that may sound extreme and not necessary. However, as someone in the industry, filing such complaint forces the hand of the banking industry to change the classification of the services Public Mobile offers. 

https://www.obsi.ca/en/index.aspx

EDIT: Note, this isn't a complaint about Public Mobile, it's a complaint that banks in Canada aren't correcting this mistaken identity of classification. This is how we fix problems in the industry.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@PCcookson4 Public Pay Parking should be an entirely different company with no ties to Public Mobile other than sharing the first word in the name

@PCcookson4 wrote:

Just today my credit card showing multiple charges from public mobile and public pay parking!  I called the credit card company and it's from public mobile.    I pay my childrens phone bills and each of their monthly renewed accounts get charged under the name 

PCcookson4_0-1723239878837.png

this has never showed up on my credit card but now when I look it shows from way back?  how do I get this straightened out with public mobile, please help.    I think at this point I should cancel my account for my kids move to a more secure phone plan, this is scary that I'm getting charged so multiple times? 

Are the amounts correct?  If the amounts are correct, ignore all of this.  Public Mobile has long been classified erroneously by some payment processors as some type of parking garage.

Need Help? Let's chat.